2

Y/N woke up the next morning with a sinking feeling in her stomach

Y/N woke up the next morning with a sinking feeling in her stomach. It was as if her internal radar was going off, telling her that something was wrong. It reminded her of the last time she woke up feeling like that, years ago when her best friend Will Byers had been taken by a demogorgon.

Her hands were gripping onto her sheets as she slowly sat up in bed. There were obvious bags under her eyes from the little amount of sleep she got last night and her skin was still pale as could be. The only thing she could think about was what had happened last night. There was no way it was real. It couldn't be.

It took a lot of convincing to finally get herself to get up out of bed, and even then, she walked around her room hesitantly, Bill's jacket wrapped tight around her body as she looked around as if something were going to jump out and grab her.

Getting ready for the day took a lot longer than she expected. Y/N just couldn't stop herself from jumping at every single noise she heard and she kept dropping things because of how shaky her hands were. Finally she managed to get her hair up into a ponytail that didn't look like a five year old did it and she had tossed on a pale yellow dress and Bill's jacket before heading downstairs.

She was quiet at breakfast that morning, but her parents didn't question her. But if she was being honest, the concerned stares she could feel being sent in her direction were words.

Not being able to take her parents' concerned looks any longer, Y/N took one last bite of her piece of toast before putting her dishes away. She quickly kissed each her parents' cheeks in goodbye before heading out the door, not bothering to actually say goodbye or wait for a response from her parents.

At the sound of the door opening, Bill Denbrough instantly straightened up and looked down at his outfit one last time to make sure he looked decent before glancing over in Y/N's direction. Just like always, he found himself smiling a goofy grin And leaning against his bike as he looked at the girl, only this time, his face was red because of the fact that she was wearing his jacket. That she chose to wear his jacket.

Bill didn't realize just how much he was leaning against his bike until the wheel shifted and he fell over. Y/N looked up at that and her eyes widened at the sight of Bill tangled up on the ground with his bike.

"Bill?" Y/N asked in a worried tone as she hurried over to the boy. "Are you okay?"

"I-I-I'm fine," Bill assured her, his face red from embarrassment. He shyly glanced up at the girl to see her trying to hide a smile as she held her hand out for him. Bill smiled softly and took her hand before she helped him up onto his feet.

Bill stumbled a little bit as he tried to catch his footing and his breath hitched in his throat when he stumbled into Y/N, the two so close that he could feel her breath fanning his face. He felt his face heat up even more and he stared at Y/N with wide eyes.

He couldn't stop himself from admiring her, but that was when he began to notice just how disheveled she looked with her hair was just a little messier than usual, small dark circle under her eyes, her skin the palest he had ever seen, her hands shaking slightly in his grip, and the tiniest hint of fear evident in her eyes. She gave him a tiny smile and Bill could tell it was partially forced.