11

Bill worked silently with a small blush dusting his cheeks as he felt Y/N's eyes on him

Bill worked silently with a small blush dusting his cheeks as he felt Y/N's eyes on him. He couldn't stop the small quirk of his lips as he let his eyes flicker over and lock with hers. She didn't even try to hide the fact that she was staring at him and merely smiled, an action that made the boy blush even more and turn his attention back to patching the girl up.

As he absentmindedly dabbed at the cuts on her face, Bill's gaze fell down to her leg where her calf was currently bandaged up thanks to the help of Eddie. Y/N had been the first priority when they all got back to her house seeing as she looked the worst out of all of them. But now that her calf was all bandaged and the cut on her arm was cleaned, everyone had started patching themselves up while Bill had dragged Y/N to the nearest bathroom so that he could clean up the cuts on her face.

A small frown appeared on Bill's face as his eyes trailed over the girl's injuries, thoughts of how he should've gotten there sooner or how he should've made sure she was through the portal flashing through his head.

A hiss coming from Y/N made Bill snap out of his thoughts as he looked to the girl who was wincing in pain. Bill quickly pulled the cotton ball that was covered in rubbing alcohol and blood away from her face, his eyes wide with concern as he whispered, "I-I-I'm sorry."

Y/N just shook her head and forced a smile as she waved it off, "It's okay. I'm fine."

Bill bit his lip nervously and went back to dabbing at the wounds while he tried to ignore Y/N's stare. It was only when Bill had finished cleaning her wounds and was throwing away the cotton balls that the silence was filled with the young girl's voice.

"It's not your fault."

Bill hesitated at that, his hand frozen in mid air as he turned his head to look in the girl's direction. Y/N gave him a small smile as she repeated, "It's not your fault."

Bill quickly turned away, silently wondering to himself how she knew what his thoughts were. He threw the cotton balls into the trash can before returning to his spot in front of Y/N who was sitting on the bathroom sink counter.

He wordlessly picked up some Neosporin while Y/N watched him, waiting for a response. When he didn't say anything, the girl let out a soft sigh and brought her hand up before putting it to the boy's cheek and whispering softly, "Bill."

"W-W-Well it kind of feels l-l-like it," Bill finally said a tad bit aggressively, his eyes flickering up to lock with Y/N's as he brought his hand forward and began to put the ointment on her face. "I should've ch-ch-checked to make sure you made it th-th-through the portal. If I had th-th-then you wouldn't have gotten stuck. If I h-h-had then you wouldn't have gotten t-t-tortured." He wiped his fingers against a towel before grabbing a bandage and putting it over the cut.

"If I had then m-m-maybe you wouldn't have almost-" Bill stopped himself at that, the words getting caught in his throat as the reality of what almost happened hit him in full force. Y/N watched in silence as Bill's head dropped, his body beginning to shake as he began to cry.