12

Y/N stared blankly at her reflection in front of her, a numb feeling overcoming her body as the reality of what was about to happen finally hit her

Y/N stared blankly at her reflection in front of her, a numb feeling overcoming her body as the reality of what was about to happen finally hit her. She was biting her lip, trying to keep back the tears that were begging to fall down, but she wouldn't allow it. Not now. Because allowing them to fall would mean accepting what was to happen and she didn't want to do that. She really didn't want to do that.

She didn't want to say goodbye.

A knocking on the bathroom door had the girl snapping out of her thoughts, but she didn't go to open the door and only stared at her hands which were gripping onto the sink counter like her life depended on it.

"Y/N?" a soft voice called out.

Beverly.

"Y/N, sweetie, open up," Beverly pleaded as she knocked once again on the door. "I know it's hard, but you can't go through this alone."

Y/N was silent for a minute and she heard Beverly sigh before a small thud against the door told the girl that Beverly had leaned her head against the wood. "Y/N," Beverly whispered.

Y/N's mouth opened for a moment and she let out a shaky breath before almost whimpering, "I don't want to say goodbye."

"I know. I know," Beverly sighed. "But they have to go home, Y/N. They have people waiting for them and you know that."

"It hurts," Y/N whispered, the reality of having to part ways with the Party once again hitting her right in the gut and making her feel sick.

"It hurts them too," Beverly told her. "But seeing you hurting, knowing that you don't want to say goodbye is only going to make it harder on both of you. You need to come say goodbye, Y/N. It's time."

Y/N was silent, her whole body shaking as she willed herself not to let out a small sob. She was afraid to say goodbye, afraid of what it would mean and of what would happen to her and Beverly knew it.

"You're not going to be alone," Beverly assured her as she placed a hand against the wooden door. "You'll still have me and Richie and Stan and Ben and Eddie and Mike and we can't forget Bill. You'll still have the Losers, Y/N. And the Party will never really leave you. You guys have a special bond that will never be forgotten."

Beverly sighed before whispering, "It's time to say goodbye."

There was another silence before the door to the bathroom finally opened up to reveal Y/N standing there with red eyes, tears begging to spill out at any second. Beverly smiled sadly at her friend while Y/N returned it with a shaky one.

"It's time to say goodbye," Y/N agreed despite the ache in her heart from having to say it.

Y/N hesitantly walked out of the bathroom and Beverly was quick to wrap an arm around the girl, the red head giving her a small reassuring smile before they began to make their way out of the house and outside to where the other Losers and the Party were currently saying goodbye by Steve's car.