Epilogue

May 1988

May 1988

Doodling in his notebook was the only thing keeping Bill awake one hot school day at the end of May. With the last day of school coming up in the next couple of weeks and that being the last day of high school for Bill forever, him and the rest of the seniors were all just trying to get by as they struggled with their major cases of senioritis.

Bill always swore he would never have senioritis when he was a senior, but senior year had proven that to be completely untrue. If anything, his senioritis may have been worse than at least half of the people in his grade.

The only person who didn't seem to have senioritis was Y/N and the Losers were still unsure how that was. None of them knew what she was feeling, how she was still trying to cope with the fact that they would all be going their separate ways in a couple of months once the summer had ended and how life was about to change for them.

That was the thing about Y/N. She cared so much for the people closest to her that she was scared of the change. Leaving Hawkins had been a huge change in her life and she wouldn't have survived that if she hadn't had the Losers Club, so what was she supposed to do now that the Losers Club and the Party were all going to be going their separate directions?

Bill was clueless to Y/N feelings when it came to graduation. She was too concerned with keeping the boy happy and not wanting to affect his college decision that she had been keeping it all in, only ever relaxing slightly when Bill announced he would be going to the same college as her.

Bill was just excited for the future, the idea of going to the same college as Y/N making him happier than words could describe. He knew he would keep in contact with the Losers so he wasn't necessarily worried, but if he knew what Y/N was feeling, his worry would have been for her rather than the prospect of losing his friends (which he knew would never happen).

However, even though the Losers weren't necessarily worried about their future, they still knew things would change and had devoted all of their time outside of school to making memories together.

They spent countless days at the quarry or arcade, laughing and just enjoying each other's company until the stars were twinkling in the sky. They were all constantly hanging out and the only time they didn't was on Tuesday nights which the couples used as their date nights. Bill wouldn't ever voice it out loud, but date nights with Y/N were always his favorite.

That's how Bill had ended up doodling in his notebook in class that day. It was a Tuesday and he was trying desperately to think of what to do that night, resorting to drawing the different options of a movie, a nice dinner, and roller skating in his book while his teacher went on and on about some poem that Bill knew he would never read.

It wasn't a surprise that Bill was trying to plan the date during class seeing as Y/N was always on his mind. Especially today since he had to retake a test that morning and hadn't seen the girl all day. He was just trying to get to lunch where he knew he would be able to see her, so the date planning was almost like a distraction for him which he was grateful for.