9

When Eleven opened her eyes she was met with nothingness

When Eleven opened her eyes she was met with nothingness. All around her was just the empty black void that usually surrounded her when she tried to use her powers, the ground below her covered with water that was invisible to the eye but still made the sloshing around sound when she moved.

She began to walk forward with no destination pinpointed in her head. All she had guiding her along was a feeling, a feeling that told her Y/N was close.

Eleven let the feeling guide her as she silently walked through the void, only ever breaking the silence to let out a small sigh of relief when something began to appear in the distance. She didn't know what had her doing it, but Eleven found herself breaking into a run, the thought of Y/N being so close even if it was only in her mind enough to move her along.

As she grew closer, she realized that the thing in the distance had been none other than Y/N herself, the young girl hugging her body and trying to make herself as small as possible as she quietly sobbed. Eleven felt her heart drop at the sight and she didn't hesitate to slide to her knees in front of the girl, the invisible water splashing up onto her jeans as she did so.

Y/N let out a small sob as she hid her face against her knees that she was hugging close to her chest. It was obvious she was hiding from the way she kept her cries to only above a whisper level and how she kept her body as small as possible.

Eleven didn't like thinking that Y/N was actually hiding from something and that she was no one near enough to help.

Eleven stared at her friend for a moment before whispering out, "Y/N?"

The girl tensed at that, her cries silencing as her body shook less. Y/N pulled her face away from her knees and let her eyes flicker around her before they landed on Eleven. A look of utter fear was on Y/N's face, but she still managed to whisper out, "El?"

Eleven felt the tears begin to fill her eyes as she looked at her friend, nodding her head almost eagerly as if to tell her that she was here. "We're coming for you," Eleven told her. "Me, Bill, the Party, and the rest of the Losers. We're all coming to save you."

"I don't want you guys getting hurt," Y/N whispered, the fright in her eyes ten times worse now that she was thinking about her friends coming after her.

"We're coming to get you," Eleven stared firmly, tears falling down her cheek. "You're going to be okay. Just wait a little longer."

"Please hurry," Y/N finally said, nodding slightly as she realized there was no way she could change her friends' minds. There was silence before Y/N perked up, almost as if she had heard a sound.

Y/N began to shake, her eyes flickering over to Eleven as her lip started to quiver. Y/N let out a soft sob and desperately reached out for Eleven as she whimpered out, "El."

Eleven didn't even hesitate to reach out for the girl, wanting nothing more than to be able to rip her friend away from the situation she was in. But just when their hands were about to touch, Y/N let out a scream and her image dissolved before Eleven's eyes.