9)The End Of It All-(Y/N)

"C'mon (Y/N)!" Falco, "You got only three more to go." Falco has been spotting me as I exercise. I put the the weights back down, panting. "Nicely done!" I walk to showers, clean off and get changed back to my regular attire. I move to my seat on the bridge, sighing in relief as I take a seat. I feel someone put their chin on the top of my head.

     "How was your workout session with Falco?" I just give Fox a thumbs up, "So, remember our last mission?" I nod, remembering how fast my heart was beating when she ran up to those guys with guns. I was so worried if I messed up, because if I did she would die. "You said you got kidnapped, by who?" 

     My heart feels like it stops. The memories rush back, "AAH!" I don't see the ship anymore I just see that room and the bitch looking at me, talking to me. A slap snaps me back into reality. I see Fox, with her hand raised for another and visibly worried. "With all due respect ma'am," I say sitting back down breathing heavy, "Why the fuck haven't we killed Wolf and her squad?"

      Fox sighs and looks at me. "Wolf and I were friends-no, best friends-at the academy." I'm starting to understand. It sounds hard to kill your best friend, but why if Wolf is still actively trying to kill us? "But as graduation come closer, Wolf starting to change. She would badmouth me in front our friends, she hit me if disagreed about anything. But I knew it was truly over during one of our final exams. It was a team dogfight practice between students. To, y'know, demonstrate to our teacher we had actually learned from them."

        Fox takes a deep breath and continues, "She team killed. Every member of her team. She laughed the whole time." She might not be able to kill her, I think, But I do. I Stand up from my seat, and hug Fox. She hugs back and I walk away. 

       Now where's the armory? I question to myself. Walking around the Great Fox I finally find it. The door opens to reveal a large room filled with guns, missiles, and explosives. There is a planning table in the middle. I don't need to plan, but I need to think. "I need to get rid of the entire base in one fell swoop," talking to myself, "Gun them all? No, they could get me first. Fire from my ship? Nah. Plant a few bombs? I can do that."

       I look around I find a few remote explosives, I put them and the detonator in a nearby duffel bag. "Whaaat are you doing?" My gaze shifts to see Falco. He's 100% eyeing the bombs I just shoved in a bag. 

       "Doing something to protect the Lylat System," I say looking him in the eyes. 

       "Who and what are you blowing up?" 

       "Star Wolf and their hideout." He throws me a shocked look, "Can you let everyone know I'm leaving?" He nods and quickly bolts away.

       I toss the duffel bag into the cockpit of my arwing, "You're not leaving without me!" Fox glares at me, but I give her the best 'Idontgiveashitsurefine' look I can muster. She hops in her ship as I do with mine. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

       "There," Fox says, "It's definitely there." We are landed outside of 'Sargasso Bar'. I stuff the bombs under my jacket and put the detonator in my pocket, as we walk to the building. It's a little farther away from the city which is perfect, I prefer less people know about it. I'm wearing a black ballistic mask over my face and so is Fox, no one is allowed to identify us.       

        Inside the run down building is are many chairs and tables, with a main bar in the back. I have feeling the VIP room is how we'll get in the back and place the bombs. We walk to the door where the bouncer is standing in our way. He opens his moth to speak, but before he does I hand him a large stack of credits. He opens the door for us as we walk in. 

       Over in the corner I spot a door marked 'employees only', it shouldn't be too hard to get through the door. The room is basically empty except three people playing cards and drinking champagne. We sip trough the door unnoticed. 

       I hand her two of the four bombs, "Put these far enough apart and in crucial places, got it?" She nods and walks off. I put one in the room behind the bar, under a stove. I know what place to put my second bomb, that room. 

     Moving past a door I look around a corner, the hall where the room is. I see Wolf and the chameleon talking, probably planning something. I place a bomb on the ceiling and get the hell out of there. Walking back in the kitchen, I see Fox. "Where'd you put them?" I ask.

     "Bunk room and tech lab," she replies, "You?" I don't even get to answer when I hear footsteps coming close. Darting my head around the room, I look for somewhere for us to hide. Finally I notice a pantry nearby. I grab Fox's hand and lead her to the room. I close the door and lock it, then I move away from it. 

      We both curl up in the corner. She burrows into my chest, whimpering softly and quietly. I ready my blaster, but I'm sure we both know that if they find us... We're dead. I can hear voices in the kitchen now, my heart beats faster and faster. But eventually they voices move away, then are gone. 

      By now I know we need to leave and we do just that. When we're outside the building, I pull out the detonator and press the button. After I do that, me and Fox book it. Krakoom! The bombs go off. But the explosion was much bigger than I expected. We can try to run but the radius of the explosion is gaining on us and our arwings are too far away. 

        I know what I have to do. I grab Fox and we are both kneeling, with my back to the growing explosion. I take my jacket off my arms and use it cover her as much possible. "What the hell are you doing?!" She yells at me but I know she knows. 

      My mind thinks back to the memories I've made, training with Falco, playing cards with Peppy, helping Slippy tinker, and, most vibrantly, lying with Fox. I smile as tears pour from her eyes. I kiss her passionately, as whiteness takes over my vision.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Beep. Beep. Beep. The sound of a heart rate echoes through my mind. All I see is a white void. Then I hear voices. So many people all talking at me. It's hard to distinguish what they are saying.

      "GET UP!"
      "We're waiting for you..."
      "Don't leave me."
      "Are you really going to die?"
      "They need you, we need you."
       "I love you."

        Finally all the voices culminate into one, "YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!" 

      I jerk to sitting up position. My eyes study the room I'm in. IV tubes run into my arms and gauze is wrapped around some of my body parts. I look to my right and see Fox asleep in a chair next to me. I reach out and hold her hand in mine, tracing her palm with my thumb.

     She slowly opens her eyes and looks at me. For a whole second she just looks at me, and I look at her. She jumps on me, holding me in her tight embrace. I did it. I congratulate myself,  The world will thank me one day. But right now, Fox and the crew is enough. "Do you really think I'd let you die," Fox says leaning in, "When we've only slept together once?" We both laugh but I know she's serious, I don't think I've ever been so scared to not be injured.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~