Chapter 10 - Relationsheep Problems

Ah, another chapter of White Sheep – how you punish me so with your high word count, no time and various other things. Like the most irritating child in the world, I still kind of love you, but I love you more when you're with your mother.

By which I mean College Fool, of course.

Alas, there is no such recourse. It's Tuesday now; this needs to be written for tomorrow – let's go.

Beta: College Fool

Cover Art: Kegi Springfield

Chapter 10 – Relationsheep Problems

Yang cackled as Ruby's character slumped to the floor in defeat. 'You win' the game informed her, though she already made more than sure Ruby knew that, with a series of exaggerated eyebrow waggles and a repetitive, "eh, eh?" sound.

"You cheated," Ruby complained. "You kept using the same move."

"Then you'd think you would learn how to get out of it, sis. Oh, and by the way, you can thank Ren for that." She glowered at her partner as she said that. Ren was good at games... too good... but it was in an overly methodical way. He'd use perhaps two moves and combos, and that was all he'd use. He still beat her every time.

"Your own advice back at you," the black-haired boy said distractedly. He was busy trying to escape Nora, who wanted to drag him in for a round with a bet about how many pancakes he'd need to make her if she won.

"Bah," Yang scoffed. "I'm tired of losing to Ren and tired of beating you."

"You're ahead of me by one... we were even for the last ten games."

"Tired," Yang repeated. "I need a new challenge."

"You're just afraid I'll even up the score, aren't you?"

"A new challenge with a fresh opponent. Where's Jaune, already? Wasn't he supposed to come with you?"

"I don't know," Ruby sighed and looked towards the door. "He said he would come straight after me, but that was an hour ago." The smaller girl frowned and looked down at the controller in her hand. It was too good a chance to miss.

"Oh, Rubes," Yang sighed dramatically. "Only apart for an hour and already you miss him. Young love truly is something wonderful."

"It's not like that." Ruby groused and elbowed her in the side. "We're teammates, not... not that."

It was hard not to tease her further, but there was only so much her sis could take, and it wouldn't do to make her resistant to the teasing already. There was still so much distance she could draw out of that love bite. Then again, if dad ever found out, I don't think there would be any distance Jaune could run without being hunted down.

"Where is he, then?" Yang asked. "You did tell him where our room was, right? He's not wandering across Vale?"

"We're opposite rooms, Yang. I doubt he could get lost in Beacon finding this place, let alone Vale."

A knock on the door cut into their conversation. Yang grinned and leapt to her feet. "I've got it!" she called to the others. Blake waved a hand dismissively, while Nora cheered, finally having convinced Ren to face off against her. She rolled her eyes and padded over to the door barefoot, leaning an ear against it. "Who is it~?" she crooned.

"Um... it's Jaune," his muffled voice came back. "This is Team Ribbon's room, right? Sorry about being late. I got lost in Vale."

Yang heard a loud slap of hand meeting face in the room, but did her best to smother her laughter. "I don't remember ordering anything from Vale. You sure you got the right address? Is this a pizza delivery?"