Chapter 21

Does anyone want me to actually publish this entire story?

It is like 100 chapters long.

No real notes to give. Have fun!

Beta: College Fool

Cover Art: Kegi Springfield

Chapter 21 – Mutton to see

Blake's back pressed against hard, unyielding metal.

"I'm not here for him," the dark figure before her whispered. His eyes flashed crimson in the dark, highlighting his body, naked from the waist up. The red light from the burning warehouse flashed off his skin, slick from sweat and the rigours of their heated combat. He took a step forward, and the wall behind her prevented her doing the same.

"Who are you here for, then?" she asked. Her hand fell to Gambol Shroud but his caught her wrist before she could attack. She gasped as her hand slammed back against the container, pinned beneath his. He'd covered the distance in a fraction of a second.

His hot breath washed over her neck. "I think you know."

She was trapped. His body prevented her escape, and with one hand locked against his, she had no hope. His tentacles spread out on either side of him. One brushed up her leg. She bit down on her tongue. "I'll never surrender," she said. "Not to you."

"Really?" He leaned forward and ran his lips against her throat. Her eyes clenched shut, even as her body shivered. "Are you so sure, Blake? I can do so many things to you, after all."

All other words stopped with a gasp as he pressed his teeth against her throat, marking her. Claiming her. Gambol Shroud fell from frozen fingers as he gripped her other hand and linked that above her too. Soon a tentacle wrapped around them both, pinning her, and all of a sudden, his hands were on her hips, her stomach, her body. She was helpless to stop him.

She gasped at every tender torture.

"How do you know my name?" she managed through a haze. Her amber eyes met his red as he pulled back. There was something in his too, a something familiar, equally primal in its ferocity.

And all of it was aimed at her.

"Isn't it obvious, Blake?" he asked, cupping her cheek and making her breath hitch once more as he leaned ever closer. "I'm here for the most beautiful. I'm here for the most amazing. I'm here for the most dangerous threat to my plans, and to make sure she never wants to be that again."

She shivered as he leaned closer, until his mouth was by her ear.

"I'm here... for boop."

Eh?

"Boop. Boop. Boop!"

Wait, what?

"BOOP-BOOP-BOOP-"

The world vanished in an instant, replaced by the ceiling of her dorm room, and the incessant looping of her scroll, set to its alarm function. Her hand snapped out automatically, silencing it. A long sigh escaped her. It looked like Nora stole her scroll and changed her alarm tone into something more annoying. Again. She'd likely been the one to set the alarm too, all part of her typical jokes.

Damn it, couldn't she have waited just thirty more minutes?

It took a second to take in the real world. She was in bed, in her dorm, arms wrapped around Mr Tentacles, the stuffed toy she'd won. One of his aforementioned limbs was trapped between her legs, and she glared at it in the dark as though it were all its fault. Stupid thing. Blake stretched her arms, and a part of her mind imagined she could still feel them pinned above her. The thought sent pleasant tingling all the way down her body. Thinking about an enemy like that... well, she'd always had a thing for dangerous men.