Chapter Ten

"Vibrations! That's it!" Leo shouted suddenly, startling both of the girls who sat on the ground, still leaning on one another. "We don't need to fix it! It doesn't matter, really, we just need to..." The man trailed off, turning to look at Daisy, his eyes widening.

Daisy stared back at him for a moment, before the realization clicked. "You don't need to fix it, because I can operate the portal." She stood shakily to her feet, stretching her shoulders, cracking her knuckles, then reaching down to help Asia up.

"Precisely!" Leo said encouragingly. "This entire room was made to resonate at a specific frequency..." he spun around, turning to face Daisy again, his gaze barely flickering to Asia ever so slightly, taking in a small bit of dried blood by the corner of her eye. He wanted to stop and ask what happened but right now there was no time."Daisy, can you do it?" He asked her.

"Yea, I can," she said, glancing over at Asia. "This will probably hurt like hell again," she said to the brunette, shaking her head ever so slightly.

"Probably," Asia admitted in response, brushing off her black pants. "But I'll be with you every step of the way." She gave Daisy a nod in return.

Leo let out a sigh of relief, turning back to Coulson. "Alright, we need to set up, um, set up a few things. We should probably, er, bring in some stabilizers to make sure things don't..things don't collapse. Um.."

"I'm on it," Coulson nodded, surveying the room. Luckily, they had the supplies needed on the Bus, at least...they should.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mack had finished drilling the last bolt into a pulley system, standing up and clapping his hands on his legs in success. Asia surveyed the rest of the room, moving to stand beside Daisy. Coulson joined the two Inhumans, sighing as he stepped beside them.

"So you think you can do this? You remember the frequency?" He asked Daisy, looking down at the Monolith, then over at his agent.

"I remember it more than I wish I did," Daisy shook her head, recalling the ear-piercing sound. "I don't know how long I can hold it, but I'll try to keep it up as long as possible."

"It could kill you," Coulson replied, very mater-of-factly. There wasn't any concern in his tone, but both of the women could tell that he was. It was his job to worry, his job to be concerned about the wellbeing of his agents. And he worried about all of them, but especially his Bus-kids. The ones who had been with him from the very beginning and would be till the very end. "If it is too much, you pull back, ok?" He said, nodding at Daisy.

"I'll be with her," Asia nodded, "I'll make sure nothing bad happens." She placed a hand on Daisy's shoulder, giving it a small squeeze. Daisy looked over at her reassuringly, with a nod and a small smile.

"Alright," Coulson nodded after a moment. "I trust you two to have each other's backs. If it's too much, pull out." And then he walked over towards Leo and Mack, overwatching what they were doing, Leo typing away on a tablet.

"You sure you're up for this?" Asia asked, letting the concern show on her face once their Director was gone. That frequency last time...it had hurt the two of them badly, and no one else had been able to tell. Starting the portal back up would affect them similarly, or at least they thought.

"Yea, I got this," Daisy affirmed. "If I start to stagger..hold me up?" She asked her friend, her partner in crime.

"Of course," Asia agreed, with a quick nod. She wouldn't let Daisy down, not with all this weight at stake. If they managed this, then they had managed a way to bring Jemma home. And whatever that meant, whatever it meant for her, whatever it meant for Leo, they had to bring her home.