Chapter SixtyThree

The entire room was shaking. Asia sat up, reaching for her grey jacket and tugging it on. What was going on? Were they under attack? Had Lincoln somehow linked their base coordinates to Hydra? A million questions were flashing through her mind as she reached for her boots, tugging them on. She whirled to look at Leo, who was still sitting on the bed. "What are you doing?" She asked, voice spiking with panic, "We have to get out of here. Something is wrong."

"We...can't," Leo said, shaking his head. "I told you, before, I didn't have a way out." The lights above them started to flash and flicker violently. "We have to wait." He looked at his girlfriend, who was in a panic. "It will be fine, Asia, it will. But you have to calm down. Here," he patted the space beside him on the bed. "Sit, with me."

After a moment, the brunette nodded. She went and sat by him, and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to him. They sat like that, side by side, but not for long. Shortly, Mack was at the door, opening it. "Come on," he said with a nod. "We need you both."

"But what about..." Asia began, her voice trailing off. What about the infection?

"The tests came back. And. We already know who did it..now," Mack said, his face falling slightly. Whatever had happened, it must have cut pretty deep. It look a moment for it to all click in her brain.

She sucked in a deep breath through her teeth. "Daisy," she whispered, shaking her head, her entire body starting to shake. "It was Daisy, all this time..." she met Mack's gaze and knew she was right. Daisy, who got them into containment, Daisy, who killed Malick, Daisy, who had tried to get her to go to the gun range with her, just the two of them, alone. Her knees buckled beneath her but both Mack and Leo were at her side instantly, supporting her up, helping her stand back on her two feet.

"I know it's a lot, trust me...I know," Mack admitted, shaking his head. "But you can't let it get to you now. She wasn't in control. What we have to be thinking about is how we can save her." In her mind, she knew he was right, even if it was difficult to stomach.

So she nodded, and followed him. There was nothing else she really could do. She had to figure out how to save Daisy now. Save her from an alien monster in Ward's body. Did it get any worse than that? No, probably not.

When they got upstairs, Lincoln was out too, fixing the electricity with a little help from his Inhuman gifts. The two locked eyes for a moment, and both nodded. They knew what the mission was now. Bring her home.

It had been a while since Asia had seen the base this bustling. Agents were rushing around everywhere. May was running a lot of it, while analyzing the situation. She didn't think that Hive was after Shield. After all, no one had been killed, aside from Malick. She could have brought down the base, but she didn't. She had busted up a lot of things. The hangar doors were broken. They were trapped in here, but they were all alive. That was also further proof that Ward was no longer in charge. If he had been, they'd be dead.

It wasn't long until they were called onto the Zephyr. Coulson was ready to start the hunt. "Daisy is still one of us, even if she is under Hive's sway. It's our responsibility to bring her home," Coulson said, his words echoing around the main chamber of Zephyr One, where several agents stood, and computers surrounded them on every wall, glowing red. "Hive doesn't know us, and that means he doesn't know he's messed with the wrong team. He thinks if he breaks our legs, we'll stop chasing him. But that's where he underestimates us. He doesn't know how damn stubborn we are, especially when it comes to protecting one of our own." He paused, looking around at everyone individually

"Hive is trying to build an Inhuman army. But you all know, we aren't going to let that happen," he continued, nodding. "So, you should probably all strap in. Because to get out of this place....we're going to have to do something weird."