Chapter TwentyFive

She was cleared to the field again, that was all that mattered. And just in time too - the team had a mission. Well, Daisy, Coulson, Asia, and..unfortunately, the director of the ATCU had a mission. They were going to NORAD in Colorado to present alongside the ATCU. A presentation in front of the President. It wasn't Asia's first choice of return to work missions, but it would do for now. It was good to be out again, sailing through the air in the Bus.

"Feeling better?" Daisy asked her as Asia lounged in one of the kitchen spaces on board, munching on an apple. She was wearing a high collared, dark grey sweater and black pants. A traditional Daisy staple outfit, if Asia had to pinpoint a vibe.

"Yea, I'm doing alright," the brunette replied with a shrug. "I'm glad to be doing something, rather than being cooped up at Base. I was going crazy." She stretched her hands, cracking her fingers as she did so. "I don't want to get rusty, you know? Then if...if we run into Ward again, I'll be ready."

"You were ready last time, they just tricked you," Daisy shook her head, opening the fridge and peeking in. "But I get what you mean. I'm down for some sparing later if you want." It was a casual gesture, but one that held a lot of weight between the two of them. It meant everything was okay.

"Yea, I'd like that," Asia said with a small smile. A crack in her exterior, a chink in her armor. "Hey, Daisy?" She said suddenly, setting down her apple and sitting up straighter. "I did something, when I was escaping," she began to explain, setting her hands flat against the cool surface of the table. "There was this Hydra agent, outside my cage. I killed him."

Daisy closed the fridge and turned to look at her, nose slightly scrunched. "Okay? You've killed lots of Hydra agents. You've never needed to repent before. You were escaping, you did what you had to do." It seemed so black and white to her friend, but Daisy didn't know what she had done yet, how she had done it.

"No, no, it wasn't the same," Asia tried to explain. "I killed him with my powers...I...." she shook her head in frustration, trying to find the right words to explain what exactly she had done. "I needed water, so badly. I could feel it, in him. Coursing through his whole body. And I was hungry for it. I didn't even realize what I was doing, that this was something I could do." She shook her head, glancing up at her friend, then down at her finger tips. "I pulled all the water from him. I drained his entire body. He was nothing but dust when I left."

Daisy looked at her for a moment, cocking her head to the side. "I mean, that's a new development, but it doesn't change what I said before." She grabbed a water bottle off a shelf and cracked it open, taking a swig. "They captured you, Asia. Took you away from us. Ward was going to kill you. You did what you had to do. Do you feel like you would accidentally do it to one of us?" She asked, hitting the nail on the head of the brunette's concerns.

"I mean, part of me is worried. I don't think I actually would," Asia shook her head, unsure of her answer. "I don't think I would ever hurt anyone. But knowing that I could hurt you guys...that's what scares me. I couldn't live with myself if I ever did what I did to that Hydra guy to anyone on our team."

Daisy shook her head, smiling ever so faintly. "That's the thing with you. Always worrying. Asia, you're the strongest Inhuman I know. I've never met someone who is so in tune with their own body, has every aspect under control. You had nothing to worry about. I mean that."

Asia looked up at her friend, reading between the lines on if she was telling the truth or not. She certainly wasn't lying, and that seemed like a good enough sign for Asia. She let out a sigh of air she hadn't realized she had been holding in.

Suddenly, almost as if on queue, another Shield agent, a young guy still mostly in training with sandy brown hair, burst into the room. "Agent Johnson, Agent Monroe," he said with a quick nod, trying to stand up straighter. "We've received a message from another Quinnjet, requesting to dock. I thought it might be best if this directive was passed onto the Director from one of you."

Daisy and Asia glanced at one another. "We'll let him know," Asia said with a curt nod in response. "Thanks for the information, Agent...?"

"Davis, M'am, Agent Davis," he said with a quick salute, as if he were addressing his commander in the army. Asia had to fight off a smirk.

"Thank you, Agent Davis. We appreciate the information." Asia said again, giving a small wave as he left the room, before turning to Daisy. Both of the girls busted out in laughter.

"How long do you think this guy has been a part of Shield?" Asia asked in between gulps of air as she tried to catch her breath again. "Because he looked like he was about to freak out just talking to us. What do you think he's heard?"

"Probably just that we're some of the two most badass women in this entire organization," Daisy replied with a grin, adjusting the sleeves of her sweater around her wrists. "And I'd say...maybe three months at most." She cracked a wry grin at her best friend, raising on eyebrow. "Now, shall we go let our fearless leader know about this development?"

Asia smiled back, "Yea, let's get to it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asia and Daisy certainly hadn't expected to see Rosalind tying the knot in Coulson's tie when they entered the room, and yet, here they were. They moved apart when the two women entered, as if they were two teens caught doing something they shouldn't. Yet, Coulson didn't let any appearance of discomfort or embarrassment cross his face.

Daisy flicked her eyes over to Asia then back towards their leader. "Sir, we just got word and wanted to let you know," she said, the discomfort still ringing true in her voice. Asia didn't blame her. She didn't alltogether trust Rosalind Price either. The world didn't need the ATCU. They had Shield, watching over them whether they knew it or not. And they were much better equipped to handle the way the world was changing than an organization with no experience.

"What news?" Coulson asked, adjusting the shirt sleeves of his button up wrists. "Aren't we supposed to land soon?"

"There's a Quinnjet requesting to dock," Asia replied, hands clasped behind her as she nodded towards him. "One of our, obviously. They've been cleared by the Captain, not sure who is on board."

"Well," Coulson glanced at Rosalind and gave her a small smirk as if this were a normal, every day occurrence, "I suppose we should go greet our mystery guests then." Asia and Daisy stood aside and allowed the two to pass by them and head out towards the bridge.

Asia moved to exit, but Daisy grabbed her arm, right below the elbow, stopping her. Asia paused, turning to face her friend and looking at her quizzically.

"What do you think that was all about?" Daisy asked, nodding in the direction of Coulson and Rosalind walking away. "I don't get a good feeling about it."

Asia studied the two of them for a moment as they walked away, pondering Daisy's question. "I don't think we have to worry yet." She replied finally.

"What do you mean?" Daisy asked, shaking her head and gesticulating towards the pair as they walked away. "She's sinking her claws into him and she's going to-"

Asia cut her off by covering her friend's mouth with the palm of her hand, shaking her head and motioning her to quiet down. "I said yet. I'm not saying it's not a problem. I'm just saying, don't worry. Yet."