Chapter FiftyNine

Asia made her way back to their bedroom, humming to herself as she did so. She still felt pretty hopped up on adrenaline, and had to refrain herself from running or skipping through the halls. She was excited the mission went well, excited Leo was safe, excited to spend some time with him. Maybe they could tuck in, watch a movie, and just relax for once. They didn't have the chance to do that very often, not with how busy and intense the missions had been as of late. Thinking back over the year, it was hard to recognize how much they had been through, how far they had come. They had been across galaxies and through hell (not literally, even if it had felt that way). She had found her sister again. And now they had captured the literal head of Hydra. They deserved a moment to have a break.

But, to her surprise, when she entered their shared quarters, Leo Fitz was nowhere to be seen. That was...odd, to say the least. This was how they did things usually, met in their room at back at base to debrief. She furrowed her brow, checking around their room for signs he had been there at all since they got back, but she didn't see any. She checked her phone, but there were no new messages from him, either. Odd.

Naturally, there was one other place she could check, and that would be the Lab. There would be no other logical location for her to track him down, and no other reason for him not to be sitting on their couch waiting for her so they could watch something cheesy. Sighing, she dropped her duffel bag to the floor and rolled her shoulders, feeling her spine crack a couple of times. If he was working, she might as well go see whats up. Maybe she could help. Plus, it would be interesting to see if they got an intel on Malick or the Inhuman that Joey had killed while saving Lincoln.

As she made her way down to the Lab, she noticed several Shield agents running around. Narrowing her gaze, she tracked them as they jogged down the hall, moving to different parts of the base. Securing it. They...were on lockdown. How had she not been told? Now, the urge to find Leo was stronger than ever. Something was going on here, and it made her heart rate pick up. The next question was what was wrong. And why hadn't she been told? That was odd, too, and she didn't like it.

When Asia rounded the corner to the Lab, she didn't see Leo, or Jemma...the only people inside were Daisy, Lincoln, and Yoyo. Yoyo was pacing back and forth, a frustrated expression coloring her face. As Asia slid in through a side door, she heard the woman say, voice full of exasperation, "What do you mean I can't go?" Asia and Daisy caught eyes for a moment and Asia gave her a questioning look as well.

"It's just a security measure," Daisy explained, letting Asia in on the information too. "It's set in place while we have Malick on base."

"Security? More like paranoid" Yoyo replied in Spanish with a shake of her head. Gesturing towards the door, she continued, "I want to go do something, or, I go home." She felt liked a caged animal, stuck inside these walls.

"Alright, well did they get anything from him yet if we're still stuck here?" Lincoln asked, arms crossed over his chest. He, too, didn't seem overly thrilled about this latest development of being trapped on this base. Overall, everyone seemed tense, on edge, over the recent turn of events.

"Coulson's...working with him," Daisy admitted. "But he's starting to crack, I think. From what Coulson said. I don't think we'll be locked down like this very long." She looked at each of them, and opened her mouth to speak again, but before she could utter another word, Yoyo was rolling her eyes and stalking off towards the door, presumably to go find Mack or Joey.

"Where's Leo?" Asia asked Daisy, glancing around the room as Lincoln went off to give May some meds. "I haven't seen him since we got back..." she trailed off, watching another set of Shield soldiers move by the window. Even for a lockdown...this seemed like a lot.