Chapter FiftyTwo

Coulson's strategy was pretty sound. If Daisy was the one key player here, she wouldn't be allowed off the base. All those things could not possibly happen if she wasn't there to enact them. It was clear cut, as far as Asia could tell. His suggestion was use May as her replacement. She wasn't in any of Daisy's visions at all. Sure, Daisy wasn't happy with the call. But Coulson wasn't backing down, and he didn't have to. That was one of the perks of being Director. Asia would be allowed to be on site, in a van only. No using her powers or she'd be sent home. No snow.

While Lincoln and Coulson did recon on where the location might be, the rest of them were working on training May for the logistics of each of her visions. And when they spoke with Charles' wife, they only learned more about it. He had gone through Taragenesis. His powers were sights of the future, of death, by touch.

So they had to provide as much preparation as they could. There was a fight in the security office that Daisy recalled really vividly. In one of their training rooms, they set up a course, with tables laid out matching what Daisy had seen. Based on her visions, they had to shave some seconds off of May's times.

Asia fell to the mat below her lightly. Too light. If May wanted to get those seconds off, she needed to be swinging for real. No pulling punches. "Just hit me!" She said after she fell. "I'll be fine, I don't care!" She was frustrated. They all were. This was like round fifty running this.

"I dont want to hurt you!" May replied back, a growl in her voice.

"You won't!" Asia shouted back, slapping the mat beneath her. She shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut and taking a deep breath. She knew this wasn't May's fault, not really.

Leo came over to her, tired, and grabbed her arm, pulling her to her feet. "You're frustrated," he said, not exactly a brilliant observation. Anyone in the room could see that.

"And?" She said, brushing back her hair. "So are you. I can see it plain as day on your face, even if you don't want me to." She gave him a meek smile. "I know you too well. You don't think that May will beat the timer."

"It's not that I don't think she's physically able," Leo said, brushing back the wisps of curls growing along his hairline. "I am more worried about the turn of events that is very obviously going to come into play and prevent her from going. Because you and I," he reached out and tweaked her lightly on the nose, causing her eyes to squint. "Both know she doesn't go. We both know it's Daisy."

Asia stuck her tongue out at him in response briefly, then whispered back to him. "I still believe you can change the future."

"Well, I love you regardless, even if your theories are grossly inaccurate," Leo teased back, rubbing the top of her hair and mussing it up.

"Alright everyone," Daisy clapped her hands together. "Back in positions. We go again."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They found the building. A place called Transia Corporation. A place Coulson had heard of before. The only thing they were uncertain of was why Malick would be interested in a place like that. Leo, of course, had some ideas. He had used Transia Corps' nerve-wiring technology when he had designed Coulson's new arm.

The team began their way towards the launch bay so they could take a jet over to the building, when suddenly an alarm started blaring throughout the halls. "What is that?" Asia asked, holding a hand to cover one of her ears.

Coulson glanced up, then behind them. "There's an intruder," he said suddenly, ominously. The team turned back to face the thick, yellow door in front of them that lead to the hangar, which was beginning to slowly slide open. Several figures, Shield soldiers, could be seen behind the door, forming a triangle behind a figure standing in the front, hands over his head. As the light fell down upon him, Asia's mouth fell open in a small 'o'.

It was Andrew. May's husband had returned.

"He just walked in, sir," one of the soldiers said with a nod towards Dr. Garner. "He surrendered himself, there was no pushback."

"Why?" May was the first to speak, her head slightly cocked, as she looked over at him. Asia could see a muscle in her jaw clenched tightly, controlling her facade.

"Lash," Andrew said, "He is starting to take over, completely. I don't know how much longer I have left...Because I'm about to turn for the last time, May."

Asia glanced at Leo over her shoulder and he gave her a small nod. This was it. The moment he had been referencing. The thing that would take May out of the equation and keep her from going on this mission. It was Andrew, and had been all along. Asia could hear her heart beating in her ears, the blood rushing. He had been right. This whole time, Leo had been right.