Chapter ThirtyTwo

Asia waited for Leo outside of the interrogation room, rocking back and forth from the balls to pads of her feet, her lower lip stuck nervously between her teeth. She knew how stressful interrogation could be, and it wasn't like Leo had the psychological training to prepare for that sort of thing. So she worried, naturally, about him, about what it might do to him.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed when the door finally opened and her boyfriend stepped out, looking a little shaken, but overall okay. "How was it?" She asked him, the second the door was shut and Coulson wouldn't be listening to them in the hall.

"It was fine...I guess," Leo scratched the back of his head. "Talking about Ward...it was hard. Brought back..things?" He looked down at her, brow furrowed, hoping she understood what he was trying to say. And of course, she look up at him with solemn eyes, and nodded. He was so happy she was in his life. How many people could understand him with so few words? He wrapped an arm around her, pressing his lips to her smooth forehead, the chill from her skin tickling his lips. "Thank you," He said to her, grabbing her hand.

"That's what I'm here for," she smiled up at him, squeezing his hand as she linked her fingers through his.

"I know," he replied, "But I'm grateful all the same. Now, let's get back to watching some trashy, probably fake, romance reality TV, yea?" He grinned at her, as they began to walk along the dim hallways.

"That sounds good," she said back to him, content with the fact that his hand was in hers, and he was okay. Sitting in bed watching TV with him sounded like the best idea in the world right now. "We can watch some Doctor Who after if you want?"

Leo grinned, glancing at her slightly, shaking his head. "How is it that we stumbled across each other's paths? We were born oceans away from one another, and now here we are." In a surprisingly burst of affection, Asia snuggled herself into his side as they walked along. Leo looked down at her, a smile covering his face. Yea, this night was ending okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Asia woke in the morning, Leo was gone. There was a small post it note stuck to the wall above her bed written in his 'doctor's scrawl.' Headed to the Lab, got an assignment from the boss. The brunette sighed, opening her side drawer and tucking the post it note inside, along with all the other little slips of paper he had ever left her. He probably didn't know she kept them, but she did it all the same.

She set about the rest of her day as usual, training for a while then hitting the showers. She was just finishing drying off her long, wavy mess of hair when a rapid knocking came from her door. Throwing on a black sweatshirt, she went to the door, pulling it open to find Hunter standing outside.

"Get your gear on, love." He said with a frown, looking clearly flustered. "Boss has a mission for us to do."

"What's wrong?" Asia asked him, shaking her head. "What's going on that's got you so riled?" He was clearly upset about something, and she wanted to know what before they got deep into this.

"We're going after Ward," he said, tone flat. "You should get ready."

The brunette didn't need to hear any more. After all, they had a job to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jemma and Fitz were sent to the Distant Star Facility, Mack was interim Director, and Asia was taking the Quinnjet with Coulson, Bobbi, and Hunter. When Asia have met the team in the hangar, she and Coulson didn't exchange any words. They looked at one another, nodded, and understood. This mission was an end to what had been going on for far too long. It was Hunter who eventually filled her in on the plane. They were going to get Ward's brother. But first, apparently, they were going to rob a bank.

They were just finishing getting suited up, vets strapped on, when the call came. "Yes?" Coulson asked when he got the call. "By who?...Damnit..okay." He hung up, and suddenly hurled the phone towards the back of the plane with such a force that it shattered against the wall and fell to pieces.

"What is it, Sir," Asia asked as she slung her shotgun over her back.

"They got Fitz and Simmons," Coulson replied pointedly, looking Asia in the eyes. "Hydra..and Ward."

Asia felt her stomach suck into her throat, her heart shriveling and hiccuping as her vision went in and out. She looked up at Coulson, swallowing as she nodded. "Then we do this. And we make it work." Coulson nodded back, noticing the hardened glint in her eyes - a familiar one. One he recognized from last year, after Fitz was injured. The look that told him she would do anything to ensure his safety. Yes, Coulson knew that look well.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coulson, Hunter, and Asia burst into the bank, black masks on and shotguns raised. "Hands in the air everyone," Asia shouted out, adopting a mock-Russian accent. "We don't need anyone trying to play hero today." She cocked the shotgun and aimed it at the cashier behind the counter, the one closest to being able to call for help. "Especially not you."

Coulson disappeared into the back room, and Asia knew exactly where he was going. Ward's younger brother worked here. Part of Asia felt bad, about doing this to Ward. It was only the smallest sliver. But once Coulson had delivered the news to her on the jet, that he had helped capture Leo, all sympathy disappeared. Sure, maybe they both had weak spots that belonged in their siblings. But Ward certainly hadn't held back on making her sister torture her, those flames licking over her own skin. He hadn't cared, hadn't hesitated. So why should they?

When Coulson came back, dragging a passed out, slumped body behind him, Asia felt like they were getting somewhere. Because this was going to make him hurt. And if Ward wanted to play dirty, two could do that just fine.