Chapter 5

Y/n L/n's POV

It's already been 3 months since my arrival to this world. And I'm honestly surprised I lasted this long despite having to go through an experience similar to hell every single day–

Okay maybe I exaggerated that a bit...

But it was very exhausting, that much was true. In order for me to build a better physique, Ms. Taeyeon has given me a new morning routine– 20 laps around the field, 200 push ups, 200 sits ups, 100 pull ups, 200 squats and all the other forms of torture– I- I mean, exercises for beginners.

And my question is, was it really for beginners? She said it was, but it really didn't feel like it. I complained about it at first and even threw up a few times, but I'm pretty much used to it now. From how I see it, Ms. Taeyeon wants me to improve as fast as I can so she can finally pass down her power. That probably explains why I had to do so much training.

As per usual, it was cold outside. I could see my own breath every time I exhaled because of how chilly it was. It's a good thing I didn't forget to wear a jacket today.

"That's odd, I usually get here first" Ms. Taeyeon looked rather proud that I woke up earlier than her for the first time.

I put on a smug face and crossed my arms. "Amazing, aren't I?" She laughed at my joke and nodded while patting my head.

With a smile, I turned around and got ready to run my first lap of the day. But before I could take another step forward, she held my arm and stopped me.

"Y/n, I think I'm finally gonna give you my power"

My eyes went wide as I choked on air after hearing such an unexpected statement. "But isn't it too early?! I mean, it's only been 3 months!"

"Yeah, but I think you're already capable of having it. Your body has developed the right amount of muscles needed to obtain my power. So, you probably won't explode if you inherit it now"

"That probably of yours is scaring me..."

"There's nothing to worry about!" She laughed wholeheartedly while patting my back a few times. "I'm sure it will all work out. Trust me, you'll be fine as long as I'm here"

I chuckled with a shaky voice and fear in my eyes. "Ri- Right..."

"You did an excellent job getting this far, well done, Y/n!" Ms. Taeyeon's bright smile forced my fears out of me and replaced it with the emotion I was supposed to feel from the start– happiness.