Chapter 1

A/N: Hey guys! This is my first fanfic so feel free to give me constructive criticism but don't be mean! :) So you all know the trope where the team protects the Batbrothers from some danger thing or whatever right? Yeah, I know it's overdone but I'm giving it a shot anyway.

Alright, some background info you need to know for this fic:
- Dick is Nightwing, Jason is Red Hood, Tim is Red Robin, and Damian is Robin.
- This only consists of the original team, a.k.a Kaldur, Artemis, Wally, Conner, M'gann and Dick.
- In here, Dick joins as Nightwing, so the team consists of Aqualad, Artemis, Kid Flash, Superboy, Miss Martian and Nightwing.
- Only Wally knows Dick's, and by extension the rest of the family's, secret IDs.
- Dick's, Jason's, Tim's and Damian's pasts are the same.

Credits to kai_xia for helping me write the summary!

I swear I didn't know how to write the Joker at all, so credits to giroguck for helping me get the Joker right! Thanks a lot!

Disclaimer: I don't own any of this other than the plot.

Right, I think that's it. Enjoy!

♔ ♔ ♔

Dick Grayson sat on the couch in the spacious living room of Wayne Manor, flicking lazily through the channels on the TV, feeling bored out of his mind.

"Hey, Bruce," Dick said, sensing the man's presence as he silently padded into the living room and plopped down on the couch beside Dick. "Long day?"

"Hey, chum. Yeah, you could say that," Bruce sighed tiredly, rubbing a hand across his face. "League meeting. Grown adults who are supposed to be mature bickering like children for an entire two and a half hours." He sighed again. "Some days I wonder what I was thinking when I joined them."

Dick chuckled. "Don't be like that, B. You know you need to socialize more."

Bruce hummed in reply. "Why do I need to socialize when you have literally everyone in the world as your friend? If we're ever in need of any assistance, you could always call them in. Besides, socializing is a pain," he countered. Dick just laughed and turned his attention back to the TV.

Father and son watched the TV in silence for a while, before Dick finally flopped bonelessly back on the couch, sighing in boredom. "Isn't there anything interesting on here? This is so boring. I'm so bored. I hope the Joker attacks Arkham or whatever so I can finally do something." Bruce glared at Dick.

Just as Bruce opened his mouth to reprimand his eldest however, the television screen suddenly turned to static. After a few seconds of the colours dancing across the screen, the TV finally came back to life to reveal a worrying image: The Joker, wearing an impossibly huge smile.

Both Dick and Bruce immediately straightened, watching the screen with rapt attention, bodies tense.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! Hello, people of Gotham. It's me, your favourite clown! HAHAHAHA!" The Joker cackled, his blood red lips stretching even wider, if that was even possible. He leaned forward, his face filling the entire screen, before laughing maniacally, his shoulders shaking with the force of his laughter.

"Now, who's ready for a show? Let's have some fun!" the Joker giggled. "Get your popcorn ready cuz tonight you're all in for a treat!"

Dick and Bruce exchanged slightly worried glances at that.

The Joker stood up and took a theatrical bow, the demented grin never leaving his face. "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls! Baddies and goodies of Gotham City," he giggled. "I, the Joker, have a small announcement to make! HIHIHIHI!"