Chapter 15

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry for the wait! Anyways, I'm trying out a new format, only for this chapter! The parts enclosed in ❦ ❦ ❦ and in italics are flashbacks! They're conversations between the boys (not including the team) when they were still planning, before they left for the warehouse.

♔ ♔ ♔

Artemis' thought process went something like shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitSHIT!

Sheer dread and overwhelming fear were threatening to overtake her, along with the sinking feeling that they were all totally, completely and utterly fucked.

Just when she thought things couldn't get worse though, there were sudden scraping noises coming from all around the warehouse. Her fear quickly increased tenfold, morphing into total panic and horror when suddenly, doors (and a trapdoor) hidden all around the warehouse were pushed open from the outside to reveal Gotham's worst villains—oh god, that's Bane! And oh shit! Fuck, its's Two-Face!— who stepped into the deceitfully empty warehouse from the various hidden entrances. There was Poison Ivy, lips curled into a poisonously seductive smirk, her green plants trailing and twisting behind her like venomous green snakes; the Penguin, his bowler hat pulled low over his head, monocle perched on his long beak-like nose, leaning on his umbrella; Two-Face, the monstrous purple half of his face snarling and growling threateningly at them, the other human half only watching disinterestedly, casually flipping his trademark coin in his palm; Firefly, in full metal garb; Bane, tubes pumped full of poison-green Bane Venom; Killer Croc, his dagger-like teeth glistening dangerously, its scaly skin shedding gray water, pouring down in rivulets; Mr. Freeze, an icy glower on his encased face, freeze gun clenched tightly in his hands; and at least fifty armed thugs surrounding them.

❦ ❦ ❦

"The blueprints of the warehouse show that there are five other entrances, including a secret trapdoor that leads to the city's sewage system, though I suggest we scout out the location beforehand to confirm this."

"Okay, so that means Killer Croc is definitely going to be there."

"We can definitely count Ivy in. Dent is a greedy bastard, so he'll be there."

"Bane wouldn't ever miss this kind of thing. He loves annoying the fuck out of us."

"More like causing chaos, but yeah sure."

"If Two-Face is there, Penguin will be there. That stupid bird would never pass up the chance to one-up Two-Face."

"Do you suppose Lynns would be present?"

"Because they think it's going to be lit?"

"Dick, no."

"Sorry, got caught up in the heat of the moment!"

"Mr. Freeze wouldn't pass up the money and resources. Maintenance on the freeze gun and the frozen wife must be goddamn expensive."

"Jason!"

"What? It's true!"

"We have concluded that Ivy, Croc, Dent, Lynns, Cobblepot and Freeze will be present, yes?"

"And the stupid clown."

"Don't forget the hired thugs."

"Asterous."

❦ ❦ ❦

"Oh me, oh my! Boys! What a pleasure to finally see you, face to face! Old Batsy and his girl birdies, how selfish of them! They wouldn't let me see you! But you miss your Uncle J, don't you?" The Joker's eyes zeroed in on Jason, standing beside Dick, his clenched fists shaking, out of fear or rage Artemis couldn't tell. "Especially you, my dear Jay-Jay. Can I call you Jay-Jay?" The Joker burst into crazed laughter.