Chapter 6

A/N: The longest chapter yet!

♔ ♔ ♔

Dick had asked the team if they wanted to watch a movie together, considering there was nothing else for them to do (even though there was actually a lot of things to do, like explore the gigantic manor they were living in at the moment).

Frankly, Artemis was hesitant to spend an extended amount of time in the boys' presence, since all they seem to do is squabble, bicker and cause trouble. Nevertheless, she say no way out of it.

Which is how the team found themselves in the recreation room with the four Waynes, taking up two out of three of the large couches in the room. The Wayne boys sat on the other remaining couch. Well...sat was a pretty loose term.

Damian sat on one end of the couch, snuggled comfortably into Dick's side (though he would vehemently deny it later). Jason sat beside Dick on the other end of the couch, head tilted back, while Tim sat on the floor, leaning against Jason's legs.

The four of them had a little...trouble choosing a movie. After a whole argument consisting of way more verbal barbs and creative insults the team has ever heard in their lives, the four boys finally decided on the horror movie It, because none of them have ever watched it before and figured now was as good a time as any (A/N: I haven't watched It either, to be honest).

They finally quieted and settled down to watch the movie.

♔ ♔ ♔

Watching It, as it turns out, was a huge mistake. Seriously, why did none of them read the movie description before watching it?

When Pennywise the clown came on the screen, Dick felt Jason tense up beside him. He could see Tim's fists clenched tightly in his lap. Dick had a horrible sinking feeling in his gut. He knew what they were all thinking, because he was thinking it too, that the clown on the screen bore too much of a resemblance to a certain psychopathic clown currently out for their heads, who was the person responsible for most of the terrifying nightmares that wake them up screaming in the middle of the night, especially Jason.

Just as he was about to suggest a movie change, the clown on the screen suddenly bit off Georgie's hand and dragged his bloody body, still kicking and screaming, into the sewers. Jason instantly jerked up in his seat and Dick could hear his brother's ragged breaths from beside him. Jason looked like he was having a panic attack. Dick could feel the team's curious gazes on them, but chose to ignore them in favour of his brother.

Placing a gentle hand on his brother's shoulder and pretending not to notice how Jason flinched violently before relaxing slightly into his touch, he leaned in and spoke softly in a soothing tone, "Hey Jaybird, you ok?"

Jason tried to compose himself, though his slightly wobbly voice betrayed his inner feelings. "Y-yeah, of course."

"You're clearly not fine, Jay. It's alright to feel like this. Just breathe. Do you want me to change the movie?"

"N-no, no, it's fine."

"C'mon, we'll change the movie. Calm down, Jaybird. Can you take deep breaths for me? You're not with him anymore, you're safe here with us, okay? I'm here, Tim's here, Damian's here, and we won't let anything happen to you ever again. Do you trust me?"

"Yes," Jason immediately said with no hesitation. Out of the corner of his eye, Dick could see Tim and Damian's very concerned expressions, while the team stared in bewilderment and curiosity, the movie long-forgotten.

"Then trust me when I say we're safe here, okay? And even if the villains somehow manage to break in, I won't let anything happen to you, alright? You just have to calm down, Jay. Focus on your breathing."