Chapter 17

A/N: This story is almost done! I think this is the second last chapter.

Oh yeah by the way, in this fic, Nightwing's the leader of the team, but Kaldur's leader in this mission cuz 'Wing isn't there.

♔ ♔ ♔

"They're almost worse than the criminals." Dick shuddered.

"No, they're definitely worse than the criminals. At least we can punch criminals. We can't punch a bunch of reporters," Tim grumbled irritably.

Jason grinned maliciously. "I don't know about you, but I'm totally game to punch some reporters."

"Honestly though," Dick frowned, "this is getting out of hand."

"You think?" Jason snarked back.

Bruce walked into the living room where his four sons and the members of the team were all lounging around on the plush couches, a mug of coffee in his hand. He took a seat on the couch beside Tim.

"Yeah, Bruce," Tim said, turning to him, "just call a press conference. Make an official statement." He snatched the mug of coffee out of Bruce's hand and downed it all in two gulps just as the man was about to take a sip. Bruce only let out a long-suffering sigh, as if this happened every time.

"We have been trapped in here for two days, Father. My patience is wearing thin. If you will not do something about this, I will." Damian's tone was low and threatening, his irritation abundantly clear.

"Damian," Dick and Bruce chided at the same time. Jason snorted.

"You're such a mom, Goldie."

Dick only smirked at him. "Better a mom than the annoying bastard brother."

"Why, you—"

Tim loudly interrupted, "So what are we going to do about this?"

"We'll make an official statement. Tell them the details they want to know and then request them to leave us alone," Bruce replied.

Jason snorted. "As if that would work."

"Not every reporter out there is Vicki Vale, Jay," Tim smirked. "Some people actually do know the concept of privacy."

"Reporters? It's literally their job to be nosy."

"You're just biased."

"It's hard not to be biased when rabid reporters have swarmed us and trapped us inside our own house."

"...touché."

"I'm so bored!" Wally slumped bonelessly onto the carpet. "Isn't there anything we can do?!"

Dick shook his head ruefully. "Aside from watching TV, no. And I honestly don't feel like doing that, since we all know what would be on."

During the criminal attack on Wayne Manor, the mob of criminals had ransacked and pretty much destroyed the entire west wing of the manor, which had been their living quarters. Luckily, the vigilantes had been able to prevent any further damage, but now the residents of the manor had been forced to stay in the east wing, which was mostly unused and therefore contained hardly anything to occupy their interest. Once the news of the Joker's plight had hit the streets, the criminals had backed off, but soon reporters came in hordes, surrounding the entire manor, yelling questions and shoving microphones in their faces when they were returning from the warehouse to the manor, behaving much like the criminals who had attacked the manor just the previous day. Stuck on house arrest again (for a completely different reason) with nothing else to do, they had spent the entire day just lazing around the living room, trying to ignore the incredible noise levels outside. Tim had tried to turn on the television, but when they found that all the news channels could talk about was the Joker case, he had immediately switched it off, much to Jason's chagrin.