Chapter 5

♔ ♔ ♔

12 A.M.
Dick silently tiptoed down the empty hallway, slipping into the third door on the left while making sure not to be seen. Wally West looked up from his position on the bed eagerly, clearly having been awaiting Dick's arrival. Dick quietly closed the door behind him.

"Dude! Did you see their faces when they met your brothers? Priceless!" Wally immediately began rambling as soon as the door was closed. His expression was one of amusement and he was trying hard to contain his laughter, which he was failing miserably at.

Dick's own laughter joined his best friend's. "I know! Wish I'd taken a photo. Then I could've kept it forever. Though I'm unlikely to ever forget it."

"I don't blame them though," Wally chuckled. "Your brothers are crazy. Jason literally pushed Damian off the fucking stairs! And all he did was insult him! Although, knowing Damian's attitude, I guess it's no wonder Jason got pissed. But still, shoving him off the stairs? Not cool! I swear, dude, I don't know how you survive in this household. I wouldn't be able to survive a day."

"You got that right, Walls. Everyday's the Hunger Games in this house. Can't wait to see how the team reacts to more of their shit."

"We're horrible people, you know?" Wally was wiping tears of laughter from his eyes.

"Yeah."

"They're our friends."

"Yep."

"They're going to go crazy."

"Uh-uh."

"And we're gonna watch them suffer anyway?"

"You got it."

Wally burst into raucous laughter again. Dick soon joined in, his shoulders shaking with the force of his cackling.

"Your brothers are gonna drive them crazy!"

"Oh but, Wally—" Dick smirked, an evil glint in his eyes— "don't forget who holds the title of best prankster for 14 years in a row. Where'd you think my brothers get it from?"

Wally burst into giggles again. "Oh dude, they're so screwed," he managed to breathe out in the middle of his laughing fit. Dick smirked.

"Oh, by the way, Walls. Did you know that Beast Boy asked Raven out on a date? It was the talk of Titans Tower for the whole week!"

"No way, dude, really?"

"Yeah! When's the last time you visited? I swear if you don't visit soon, Donna's gonna march up to your house and murder you in your sleep."

The boys continued chatting animatedly for the next hour, easily talking about any and every subject that came up. Dick finally decided it was time for him to leave.

"Better get some sleep, Walls. I have a feeling you won't be having much of it tonight."

"Dude, I know. Why can't you guys just wreak havoc in the morning?" Wally whined.

"Oh, didn't you know? We Bats are nocturnal," Dick cheekily replied, grinning his trademark troublemaker grin.

Wally sighed at his best friend's antics. "Don't let anyone see you on the way out."

Dick rolled his eyes. "Jeez, Wally, have some faith. I'm a Bat, and this is literally my house. I can sneak around the manor with my eyes closed and they still would be none the wiser. And just so you know, all the walls in the manor are lined with lead, so not even Conner can hear us with his super-hearing."