12: Open up to me

Omniscient

That same night 7:15pm

Melanie and Jhamal strolled around the gallery while admiring the art around them. They had started talking about just life it self and how it seems unreal. They both were deep people which only made it more interesting since their love would be deeper.

"Isn't that amazing". Melanie sighed staring at a painting that caught her eyes and Jhamal's eyes followed. The painting was about two old people still in love.

 The painting was about two old people still in love

"Yeah it really is. It's amazing how everybody can get love. Even old and gray it's still there". Jhamal said as they walked closer to the picture.

"Right. And they might've been in love for years. They of course had arguments and maybe even one cheated but they stayed together. They kept going and didn't give up on their love. And thats beautiful because not a lot of couples do that nowadays". Melanie spoke and Jhamal just listened to this beautiful soul beside him. She was so out spoken so confident she walked with her chin high and not a lot of girls had her soul. Of course she has insecurities but her confident shines right through.

"You should be a motivational reader for couples". He said and she giggled. 

What an adorable laugh. Jhamal thought

They kept walking then went to get some wine and have a seat. Jhamal noticed her dress showcase more of her thigh and he gulped his wine down suddenly feeling hot.

"How was your life before you got your company"? Melanie asked Jhamal as she sipped her wine.

"It was...ok I guess. I mean I inherited the company from my dad when he just left us one day. He fleed from his responsibilities and wasn't man enough to handle them. So he packed his stuff and left. He left me with some money and his company so I run it". Jhamal said.

"Hm in a way he was an inspiration to you of what you didn't want to be. It seems like he inspired you to be better because your well known". Melanie concluded.

"You are right except I almost turned like him. I use to have a girlfriend and we fell in love. I got her pregnant with twin girls well...I thought I did. After 2 years my plan was to marry her but I walked in seeing her and my home boy in bed screwing each other.....that day I found out the three girls I love weren't even mine they were his. So I left the twins instead of taking them and now their in a different family. I just feel like I abandoned them. Its also a miracle that I'm on a date with you I mean I have a reputation of just using ladies for sex but I guess you're different". Jhamal said. He loved how she just listened to him and absorbed what he was saying.

"I guess so". Melanie smilled.

"So how was your life before you started Lured". Jhamal asked seeing Melanie tense up and freeze.

"I um-". She started nervously shaking but he cut her off.

"Lanie you don't have to tell me if you don't want to but just know that you can open up to me if something bad happened". He said confirming how nice his soul was.

Melanie sighed. Then decided to tell him since he opened up to her."Ok well can you give me time I'll tell you right after we have some dinner and I have more wine in my system". She said and he nodded. They got up then went outside to the parking lo before getting back in his car.

Arriving at a seafood restaurant, Jhamal led her inside the building and they got a table easily. 

"Sorry I forgot to ask if you like seafood but they have steak". Jhamal said as Melanie flipped through the menu.

"Thats ok I love seafood". Melanie smiled at how thoughtful he had been for the past 1 hr 30 min.

The waiter appeared and they ordered of course with some wine.

After eating their food they both went outside to the back of the restaurant which had a lake. It was dark but the stars and moonlight made her skin glimmer. Oh how badly Jhamal wanted to kiss her chocolate skin. They sat on the grass with their wine glass still in hand.

"So it all started with me falling in love with a thug. I don't know why I had thought it'll work out I mean he was in the fast life he was a player too well known in the streets of where I lived. I guess I was just looking for love and to be valued. By this time my younger sister Honey and my mother had died in a car crash while going to the store. So my dad was grieving and he did that by stuffing his self in work. I was only 18 by this time and he was 19. We met at a uh..a gas station. And I fell in love too quickly. He was sweet and nice he always did cringy shit for me. Then one day his parents company was bombed and he came home pissed off. That day he beat me up badly and took my virginity without consent. I wanted to wait till marriage but he was too angry to stop. I had never been in a relationship before nor had sex so I thought it was normal. But it wasn't. He took advantage of my vulnerability and love for him. Then I got pregnant but when he found out he stomped". Melanie paused sobbing and Jhamal had tears of his own." He stomped on my stomach and killed our baby. My baby. After that things only got worst. He continued to rape me and I couldn't run away because he had threatened to send his gang to kill my father. There was no hope left for me. But one day my best friend Deja had filmed him beating me up and practically confessing. She turned him in to the police and he was imprisoned for life since they had also found out about his gang. I quit law school and went after my dreams of being a model". She finished her story and Jhamal just stared at her through teary eyes. He never knew she had all that pain. And for her to go through that much and still be able to give him a chance just told him a sign that she was meant for him.

He wiped the tears on her cheeks then pulled her into a heart warming hug.

"You're such a survivor and from that heart break you faced you will be blessed. Even if we don't work out I know you'll get love. You're a black goddess with a beautiful soul. Your family must be so proud of you including your mom and sister. And your dad must be the happiest man knowing how strong you are". He said in her ear as they stayed in their hug.

"He prolly watching down on us with a smile they all are". Melanie sobbed looking up at the sky.

"He dead too"? Jhamal asked in shock of how much she had lost.

"Yeah but they all watching me". She smiled.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Vote, Comment and Share.