𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 2 | pretty little promises

***

***

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑.

𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐎𝐍.

***

SAMPLE CHAPTER

***

I woke up, refreshed and... hungry?

My nose crinkled at the delicious smell that wafted into my bedroom, the taste of sweetness dancing on my tastebuds, my stomach growling with eagerness. I frowned, knowing that I wasn't expecting any guests. Especially, this early. Peeping my eyes open, the sunlight blinded me as it managed to slip between the gaps of my curtains, radiating me with warmth and light. I wanted to groan in annoyance, irked that an uninvited guest had interrupted my peaceful morning.

Grumbling quietly under my breath, I grabbed my gun that was tucked underneath my bedside table and carefully got out of bed, ensuring I didn't make a sound. Having learnt how to move swiftly and with agility, I managed to tiptoe down my stairs without alerting the intruder, whose chestnut hair swayed side to side as they danced in my kitchen.

My frown deepened. "Mom?"

Xena Moretti looked over her shoulder with a pretty smile, flipping a pancake into the air expertly. "Oh, good morning, sweetie."

I gaped at her. My jaw literally dropped to the floor. Speechless. Because I literally had no idea what was happening right now. My mother didn't bat an eye, waving me over.

"Close your mouth, honey. You'll catch flies."

"How – how –"

"Baby, I'm your mother. It's quite insulting how you didn't think I'd find out. Honestly, I'm hurt," She pouted, touching her chest as if her heart was actually aching. I didn't even know how to respond, watching her set the kitchen island, stacking homemade pancakes onto the China plates Kira bought me. "Come and sit. You have some explaining to do."

Wordlessly, I obeyed my mother, sitting on the stool, whilst she began to clean up like it was her own kitchen. Stabbing my pancakes, I started to munch on them as she took a seat beside me with a coffee mug in her hold. She raised her brow, silently asking the question that I knew she wanted to ask.

"What?"

"Why didn't you tell me that you were coming home?"

I stuffed a sliced piece of pancake in my mouth. "I have my reasons."

"When did you get back? Why are you back? And for goodness sake, don't eat like a starved animal!" she scolded, and I blinked at her, innocently. Mom sighed, shaking her head when she realized I wasn't going to answer her questions. "Honestly, you and your father are exactly the same. So stubborn and secretive."