𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑. 4 | plans and plots

***

***

𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐕𝐄𝐑.

𝐀𝐕𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐙𝐎𝐍.

***

SAMPLE CHAPTER

***

"Our goal is simple," I studied everyone sitting around the glass table. "We're taking down the Serpents."

Eyes of different colors, belonging to those of different nationalities, meticulously sharpened their attention on me, hanging onto every word that left my lips, like a devoted prayer. For the first time in over two years, I had gathered all those that played the most important roles in the Manor for a meeting to discuss our next step. The weather had dropped a few degrees since the other day but the sun was still vibrantly beaming outside despite it being January.

Per usual, I had taken the seat at the head of the table with Kira on my right, and Calix on the left. Xander sat beside Calix, laptop out, tapping at the keyboard; he seldom spoke during these meetings, only answering with the briefest of comments but those were enough.

Then, there was Sophie, sitting beside Kira, her copper hair trimmed to her shoulders, bangs slightly touching her brows as her honey eyes gleamed at her boyfriend. After Xander, Sophie had been the next person to be taken in after her brutal treatment by a wealthy Greek billionaire. Kira had been the one to save her.

Their paths had crossed before me, and when Kira had the resources, she went and saved Sophie. There were things we never spoke about – Sophie's past was one of them.

Her boyfriend, on the other hand, was well known in the Manor for his history. Mark was a soldier, forced to follow the rules of his leader after his family were held captive, hunting down innocent people. But after getting severely wounded, he was left to rot until Xander found him. He was the only solider we had taken in since then. Mark was reserved as he sat beside Sophie, their fingers entwined on the table. His skin was like porcelain which made his auburn hair stand out, and when he spoke, his words were laced with a British accent.

Opposite him sat Ciara, whose hair was in tight black curls, and who donned caramel eyes like the pigment of her skin. She was loving and friendly despite being sold like cattle. Originally, from Egypt, she was a long way from home, and I knew she missed it, but the fear of being caught was stronger than the desire to return home.

Finally, Dom, who was the youngest amongst us, but who was also the voice for our young ones. His eyes were as deep and rich as his skin, a smooth ebony embellished with knife wounds during his time in captivity. In this room were the people I trusted the most.

Each and every person here had suffered at the hands of their oppressors, but each had also courageously joined the mission to destroy these monsters. Our hatred towards them was deep-rooted, stemming from the core of our souls.