Chapter 2

"Pack your bags, we are going on an adventure" I say when I burst into the apartment.

Jax stumbles off the couch from my sudden intrusion with a gun in his hand. He rolls behind the coffee table once he hits the floor. It takes him 10 seconds to realize that it's just me.

"You shouldn't barge in like that!" he yells while getting up from his position.

For the past five years, I've learned a lot about Jax. The first thing, he's a little bit slow with catching onto things.

"I thought something bad happened to you!" he yells.

Another thing that I have noticed is his lack of faith in my ability to protect myself. This has become more and more annoying throughout the years. Especially during missions.

"I have super powers. No one can hurt me and you know it" I say.

The apartment we live in is like any normal apartment. For the exception of guns, bullets and explosives... and an insane amount of money. No really, for the past five years we've robbed some of the richest (and stupidest) people in Brazil. That's how I'm able to pay for food, gas and ammo.

"Now pack up, we are heading out"

I try to make my way to my bedroom while not stepping on anything other than floor.

"Might want to explain what happened and what's happening?" Jax asks me as he too, tries to make his way to the other side of the apartment. "And you do realize you didn't close the front door right?"

"Yes, I know"

Once I was within border of my room, I made a mental note of what I wanted to bring with me and where it was. As you can imagine, my room was also a mess. Shorts and tops lie around the room, some with blood stains others had bullet holes. Somewhere just fine, but I had worn those way too much, and they stink. I had put a handgun in one of the drawers to my nightstand with extra bullets next to it.

'I'm going to need a big bag'

There was only one stack of cleanly stacked clothes in the hell hole that was this room. A couple backpacks lay on the floor.

'Time to get too work'

"I'm done packing my things. Do you need help with yours?" said Jax from the other room.

Of course, he was the first one to finish packing his stuff. The other thing I learned about Jax is that he is unnaturally organized. He puts his pants in an organized pile with the darkest pants on the bottom and the lightest on top. I don't know how he can waste 10 minutes of his life to organize something like that. Seems like a huge waste of time.

I remember the first time we went on a mission and came back. I had dropped everything on the floor and collapsed on the couch. Jax had yelled at me to put my guns and the money somewhere else than the main living room. I had told him that I was too tired to give a fuck and therefore telling him to do it himself. For every single mission after that, we would come back and Jax would try to organize a makeshift gun rack and a safe place for money. It worked for about 4 months before he gave up. And that's the story about how our living room looks like a war room. Jax stills gets pissy about it tho and his rants about being organized have gotten crazier over the years.

I heard footsteps walk up to my room before Jax's head poked through the doorway.

"You know, if..."

"I don't want to fucking hear it" I interrupt him.

"Fine. Do you need help?"

"If you can start putting the guns in bags, that would be great" I tell him.

The man nods and his heat retreats from the place it once was. I look back at the room and start picking up clothes that could be washed or that are useful. I fold them and put them in a backpack.

'Alright, what else could be useful to bring?'

The other bag on the ground was begging for me to bring it with me. It was a special bag I had found on one of our missions. It was built to hold guns, bullets and money. Well, that's what I used it for.

I picked it up and started going around the room and picking up discarded weapons and ammunition boxes. I look around the room once more, deciding to leave the rest here. Maybe someone could make something out of a ruined t-shirt, but I know I can't.

In the end, the room still looked like hell, but I didn't have the energy to make it look livable. I leave the room behind and make my way to the living room. It looked tidier now that half the stuff on the floor was in bags.

"You made good progress" I say as I drop my two bags and start helping Jax.

"Thanks. Now would you mind telling me what's happening?"

"We've been tracked and their coming for us" is the only thing I say.

"Rainbow?" Jax asks.

"Yup"

We had the money all packed up in about 2 minutes and informed Jax that we needed to get the guns too. That's when three sets of footsteps reached my ears. I have my enhanced hearing on, so these people should only be going up the stairs.

"Hurry up. I hear footsteps down the hall" I tell Jax.

He closes another bag full of AR's and starts filling another up with ammo boxes.

"I'm going as fast as I can"

I finished putting our shotguns in another duffel bag. The sound kept getting closer and closer. I placed both of my backpacks on my back, picked up three duffel bags of money in one hand and two others in my other hand that already has the shotgun bag. I have no clue how we are going to make it out of here, but we can always try.

Jax picked up his fair share of bags right before three figures blocked the doorway. The three figures garnered my attention as soon as I saw them in my peripheral vision. I shouldn't be surprised that three Rainbow operators stood at the entrance of my apartment.

'What should we do?' asked Jax through the mental link.

'We go with them' I answer.

"You ready to go Spitfire?" asked the operator in the middle.

It would be hard to not immediately recognized this particular operator. Even from far away, it's easy to make out Sledge's form from anybody else's. I mean, the man is huge!

"Yeah. We're all packed up and ready to go. If you could help us move the bags out, that would be nice"

"Of course. Glaz, Twitch, let's help our friend out"