Chapter 3

I looked over at Jax and gave him my best smile. I had wanted to scare him a bit in a way. Over the years, it became very obvious that he was scared of the Rainbow operators and I understood why. We had both though for a very long time that Rainbow would lock him up for what he did, but after my conversation with Glaz, I knew we had been both wrong about that. Glaz went as far to say that Jax would get a spot as a Rainbow operator as soon as we met the new Six.

The idea of meeting a new Six made me stress again, but once again Glaz explain that this new one was better than the last and that I shouldn't worry. It didn't really help much, but Guardian sided with him, which help a bit more.

"Wait, we aren't running away from them?" Jax asked me.

The look of disbelief on his face made my chuckle. The three operators themselves looked a bit confused on his reaction. It seems I'm the only one that actually understands his reaction.

"Firstly, yes. There is no real reason for us to run. Besides, they would probably catch us easily. Secondly, I didn't tell him that I had talked to you guys"

I tried to explain as much as possible and it seemed to have cleared a bit of confusion on both sides. Jax still look like he couldn't believe what I have done.

'They won't put you in a cell. They actually want you as an operator' I mentally said to him.

'What if their lying?' Jax asked.

'They aren't' Guardian said.

'And why would I believe you?' came Jax's reply.

Not this again. Before they Jax and Guardian start another argument, I throw a couple bags towards the operators. Jax was brought back to reality at the sound of the bag meeting the ground.

"Alright, let's go. We've wasted enough time already. I'm guessing you guys have a plane prepared?"

"You still scared of planes?"

Am I? Last time, it wasn't so bad. I mean, I did have a panic attack, but Jax calmed me down. There was a definite change from the first time, I would say.

"No" I finally said.

Saying no was only a half lie, really. I wasn't scared of planes, per say, but I was scared of flying which was all that planes did, sooooo...

"That sounds like a lie" says Sledge.

I have him off and pick up some discarded bags. We've wasted enough time already and I can't wait to get back to base. Even though I haven't lived there for a long time, I considered it home and the operators were like family.

"Whatever, let's go" I said.

"You seem in a hurry. Is there something we should be worried about?" Twitch said.

"Not really, I just want to get out of here" I say while walking to the front door and past the operators. "Could some of you take the bags on the floor and the ones Jax's has? He won't be able to walk with all of that"

Glaz nodded at me and walked over to pick up the bags I had thrown on the ground. The other two entered the apartment and walked over to Jax, in hope of taking some weight off of him. In turn, Jax handed them three of his five duffle bags, but kept the other two and his backpacks.

'I hate this' said Jax.

'Oh look, he sounds like you now. What have you done?' said Guardian in a monotone voice.

'Bite me'

As a group, we move through the apartment complex, not even bothering to close the door. If anybody wants it, they could have it... and the groceries that I have just bought. Maybe I should ask them if they have food on the plane.

"What's in these exactly?" said Sledge.

I turn my head to look at the duffle bags he's carrying. He might have one money bag and one gun bag, but I'm not very sure.

"Well, you might have a bag full of money in one hand and a bag full of guns in another" I answer him.

"Why... how... what?" Twitch said.

I chuckle at the obvious bafflement the operators were trying to hide. I guess they deserve a little explanation. Maybe not now, since there might be a couple prying ears nearby.

"I'll explain on the plane ride. How does that sound?" I say.

"Are you going to be awake during the flight?" said Sledge, while giggling.

Oh, you mother fucker. You just had to bring that up. I glared at the tall man and turned around. It was then that I noticed a group of blacked out SUV's outside.

"You ready to go back home?" asked Glaz from over my shoulder.

"Without a shadow of a doubt, I can say yes, I am ready to go back home" I said.

"Alright then, let's go" Twitch said.

'I do not consent to this' came Jax's voice.

'No one really cares if you consent or not. You could leave and I wouldn't care' said Guardian.

'Could you stop going after him for no reason?'

'Have you forgotten that he has tried to kidnap you twice?'

'I have forgiven him and truly, it wasn't really his fault' I answer.

"It would be great if you stopped having mental conversations while I talk" said Glaz.

I looked over at him and noticed that everyone was looking at me. Even the additional operators that seemed to have arrived from the cars. I guess I have gotten worse at paying attention.

"Sorry, Guardian is just being Guardian" I say after a while.

Glaz rolled his eyes and walked towards one of the five cars, at the same time, he motioned me to follow.

"We are taking this one" he said.

I guess there's no debating with him then. Sledge and Twitch followed him and all three operators placed our bags in the back of the SUV's. I looked over at Jax. Jax looked back at me and tried to smile, but I can see the uneasiness in his eyes.

'No amount of persuasion is going to help you, right?' I ask him mentally.

'Yup' he said, before walking towards the car.

Looking back at the apartment complex, I say my last goodbye's to the place I have been staying at for the past couple of years. Well, one part of my life was ending and another one is about to start.

Watch out Rainbow, I'm coming back.