Chapter 4

The SUV made its way through the streets as it made its way to the airport. Every now and again, it would sway left and right as the car drove on the uneven roads. Rays of sunlight made their way through the partially blacked out windows. I was positioned in the middle of the back row seat, in between Jax and Glaz. Since neither of them wanted to sit next to each other, I had to occupy a seat between them.

The discussion they were having would have ended in a fist fight if I hadn't intervened. I had to deal with Jax's mental rambling for the past 20 minutes. At this point, it safe to characterize him as a man child. If it wasn't for me keeping him quiet, I'm pretty sure he would be whining about having to breathe the same air as the Russian. Man child, I swear.

As the convoy of three SUV's made their way to the airport, I looked out the windows and enjoyed as much of the view as possible. Some buildings outside looked familiar and it took me a while to figure out why. I have already been here, multiple times. It was a main hot spot for drug deals and crime. Jax and I had a lot of missions in this area and I can say that we made it much safer than it was before.

The lead SUV turned right unto another road and ours followed soon after. The airport came into view as we rounded a building on the side of the road. Two planes were sitting close to the terminals while another was about to take off. A metal fence separated the small airport and a gate was the only thing I could see that allowed you in.

'We could always jump out now' came Jax's mental voice.

'Are you insane? Look, I know you're having a hard time admitting it to yourself, but they won't hurt you' I answered him.

Jax let out a sigh and continued to look out the window. When the first car made it through the gate, I noticed that one of the two planes sitting still looked very familiar. Upon closer inspection, I realized that it was the same plane I had boarded so long ago with the Brits.

The SUV I was in slowly made its way to that same plane once we had clearance to enter. It was at this point that I realize Jax's shaking. I don't remember him being this anxious about something. He never reached a point where he was so stressed that it manifested physically. I reached for his hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

'Trust me on this, ok? We'll be fine' I say through the mental link.

Jax didn't respond and as the seconds went by, I came to the conclusion that he won't be answering me. His behavior was upsetting. I understand why he's upset, but I have no clue how to help him at this point. If he doesn't want to trust me on this, then it's his decision. At least he wasn't booking it out of here.

The SUV's parked side by side, and we were let out. The occupants of the other two SUV's turned out to be five recruits and two operators. Ash and Pulse walked over to us with Ash offering me a small smile.

"You guys, take the luggage and put it in that jet" Sledge told the troop of recruits.

As a unit, all the recruits yelled yes sir and saluted Sledge. I watched as they walked over to our SUV and began to bring the duffel bags towards the second jet I had spotted. I looked over at Jax to make sure he wasn't going to run and appeared as tho he was more intrigued by the airplanes.

"Since they're taking care of that, we can board the other jet and leave now" said Sledge.

Twitch was already half-way from the plane and the two Americans were also heading for it. I turned my attention to Jax again and noticed his far away look. I walked towards him to tell him to get on the plane. Once I entered his field of view, he looked over at me.

"This thing can fly?" he asked me.

I was taken aback by his question. He's been on an airplane before and it's not like this one is any different. It might be because it's smaller or something, but it still looks like a plane.

"Yeah, of course it can. What makes you believe it can't?" I ask him.

"It just seems wrong" he said.

Jax looked back at the plane again with the same far away look as before. Maybe all these emotions fried his brain. Who knows?

"Hey you two, let's go" Sledge yelled from the front of the plane.

'Do we really have to go? We had everything here. We don't need them' said Jax.

'I know you are attached to this place and scared of what might happen, but trust me please. Nothing bad is going to happen'

Jax looked back at me, a defeated expression was clear on his face. I extended my hand for him to take.

'We have a new home now' I told him.

The man took my hand, and we both walked towards Sledge. I motioned for Jax to enter first and after he cleared the entryway, I followed him into the plane. We both took seats at the front of the plane and waited for everyone else to be seated. After about 10 minutes of taxiing and small talk, the plane finally made its way to the runway.

"Spitfire, why don't you tell us what happened to you?" asked Ash.

"Sure, once we get airborne" I replied.

The plane moved forward and kept on accelerating until it felt like we weren't on the ground no longer. I started to panic a little, but tried my best to calm myself down. Once we reached an acceptable altitude, the plane leveled itself.

'Time to face the music'