Chapter 8

The heat eventually died down enough for me to sleep into the next day. When I woke up, it was around noon. Sighing, I could still feel the humming of my body. I wasn't as warm as yesterday and I could walk now without assistance. After showering, I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen. I have been eating when I feel hungry, and usually, have my food and tea on the balcony. I made one of the house workers help me move a small table and a few chairs out there since it has become a common spot for everyone in the house. 

"Miss Charlotte," Jill's sweet voice made me glance to her. "I expect the twins will be here soon, so should we clean up and prepare for them?" I nodded and stood up. She and I had become very close over the few days the boys have been absent. She takes on the motherly role so easily and makes me feel comfortable, nothing like Isabella. I've thought a lot lately about how my life has been determined and run by so many others, but I've never once really had a say in what my own body does or what my life should be. 

My body was calm for now. I felt like this life that I had been dragged into has actually become rather enjoyable. I have never been outside of the castle since I got there at age five or six, I think. Being alone is nice because I can do as I please and enjoy my thoughts, but I have found that I do get lonely. The twins have been inciting so many new emotions, feelings, and firsts for me. I've never been docile, but I'm finding that I'm becoming calm because I know I'm not going to be harmed. I know that I'm safe. The more that I find out about the twins from the house workers and Jill, the more I wished I could remember it all. 

"Charlotte?" Leo's voice echoed, bringing me back to the world from the clouds that are my thoughts. I heard their footsteps approaching which made me happy. For once, I can say that I have a home and I'm happy to see males. "Sorry it took us so long, trust me when I say we wished we were here with you." When they appeared, I saw their eyes zero in on me. I looked around and saw that Jill had left me in the kitchen. "Last night." He said as if he knew what happened.

"Your scent is really strong and captivating, more than usual." Kaiden's voice was soft. His hands were in his pockets as he leaned against the doorway. Coming to a decision, I set down the towel I was using to dry the dishes, I quietly appeared in front of the twins. I could feel my body heating up and my heart racing as I gently pulled Kaiden so he was standing. They were in suits for some reason, but I suppose that won't last long. I stood, staring up at him as he gave me a confused look.

"I love my siblings." He gave me an odd look. "But," This was more nerve-wracking as I thought it would be. "I have a different- love, for you both." I was taking it one word at a time, choosing them perfectly before speaking. "I should have given you both more credit than I have. You're better males than I thought existed. I've heard that you've always chosen me and I'm sorry that I can't remember what you both did for me and continue to do." Leo leaned against the wall and watched me curiously and Kaiden was watching me with confusion. "I'll do my best to choose you both now." I nodded and looked Kaiden in the eyes. "You don't have to feel scared that you're going to break me, I won't. You don't need to worry about protecting me like you always have, I can handle it all. It isn't just you two anymore, it's us three." 

"Your heat came last night, we can smell it." Leo's voice was calm. "Stop being so cute because it makes us want you more." He sounded strained. I smiled at him and shook my head.