Chapter 23

"What do you mean you don't understand?" This mans' voice sounded like nails on a chalkboard for me. I'm currently sitting in the conference room with the twins, their parents, the boys, and a few others. I was sitting at the table while Kaiden was leaning against the wall, and Leo was standing next to him. Logan and Will were sitting to either side of me. "Now that we know she's the target, this needs to be remedied before something else occurs." The man spat at Andrew in irritation. It's been a couple of weeks since the incident with the Rogue-Hunters. In that time, the boys and their family have been roping me into choosing what the wedding will be like. It's very overwhelming for me, and they are all trying to make sure I'm included and that I have a say in things.

"We're working our way towards the final product. At the moment, things are being arranged so the twins can succeed the throne and take over." Lane's voice was gentle but showed her dominance. She was sitting to my right with a gentle grip on my right hand on my lap as reassurance.

"This is what others have been saying. It isn't a topic where the omega has a choice. This should have been completed months ago. The tree needs to run correctly, and unfortunately, she's the only thing holding everyone back. There is no reason why we should have been attacked. To make it worse, she is the target." The mans' voice held contempt for me. 

I was glaring at the engagement ring that the boys had gotten me. They were cute, and it happened suddenly. The morning after the incident, the twins took me outside of the castle and took me to a huge flower field for a date after they took me shopping. I met a lot of people when we were going store to store; there's a really cute city near the castle that I didn't know existed. They both proposed and I didn't have much choice because I know that we have to get married regardless of my wishes. They were attempting to make me feel better and tried to show me I could enjoy the small things.

"We understand that things haven't gone as planned, sir." Andrew's voice sounded strained. "Charlotte is not the thing holding the tree back. Regardless if it were a different omega, the situation would be the same." He ground his teeth as he stared straight at the man.

"Why is there so much push back about marriage?" The second man spoke. His voice was kinder but held curiosity. "It's normal to feel jitters when you are being forced by others to do things like this. However, you are an omega, and you are bonded to the two most powerful men. You should have some safety in knowing that you'll be cared for. So why are you so scared?" My voice didn't want to work. 

"Is she mute or just incapable?" The other man hissed out. I ground my teeth and started to pick at my jeans. Lane squeezed my hand gently before looking to Andrew. "Having her in the meeting was a waste of our time." I don't know why my voice isn't working.

"You don't need to be disrespectful." Caine's voice was low and menacing. "It doesn't matter if you are elders; she still outranks you." I heard movement, and arguing came after what Caine said. I heard Caine's deep growl, which forced me to look up and watch the elder approach him. When the man went to grab Caine, I stood up and moved. I stared up at the elder with a void expression.