The Beloved Brother

I remember, there was a time where my cute baby brother have gone missing. I was only fifteen years old at that time, and Sei was fourteen. Singto was only five, so young.

I, together with my sister, we were assigned to babysit our cute baby brother because mommy and daddy were both busy, as always. Singto wanted to play in the swing; at that time, he was adamant on going to the park even though we have our own swing in our house.

So, we went to the park. We watched him, play. My cute brother was the type of baby to only care about his own world, his attention is not so easy to get. He's always so serious. Even when he was still a kid, he already puts on his poker face, which was really really cute for his cute, chubby and tender face.

Imagine, a cute little kid seriously playing with his toys while muttering something from time to time. He was so serious as though he's on an important mission to save the world from an impending crisis. His cuteness was to die for.

And as a good and doting big sister, our phone storage was not enough to capture the cuteness and expressions of our baby brother (his expressions remain the same in every photos-poker faced).

I was the first to used up my phone storage, followed by Sei. So, as a responsible older sister, I went to a store, not so far away from the park, to buy two new memory card.

I left Sei to look after my cute brother. It didn't took that long, only ten minutes, considering that I have to pay in the cashier (where there's a not so long line but not so short either)and walk from the shop to the park and vice versa; really, I was like the flash because of how fast I got back.

It didn't took that long, so I was shock when I saw my younger sister, pacing back and forth, screaming my baby brother's name while crying.

Panic rushed to me as well, so I put my hands on her shoulders and shook her so hard, I bet her soul have flown away but perhaps because of the situation, she did not feelit that much.

I asked her where baby Singto was and she said while stuttering that he's gone. It was really a mind blower, I got the shock of my life. I told her to calm down while I, myself, was ready to go on war. I was actually ready to call the military to command them to look for my pitiful (as I imagine at that time) and lovely baby brother.

But surprisingly, Sei calmed down. She started looking for him, this time, in an organized and fruitful way (not like earlier where she just kept on pacing back and forth) while recalling what happened after I went to the store.

I listened to her while also looking for baby Singto. She said that, a couple of seconds passed after I walk away when she saw that Singto was looking at an ice cream parlor not so far away. She kept on looking back and forth, from the ice cream parlor to Singto and formed tge conclusion that maybe, Singto wants ice cream.

Well, there was a small detail that she didn't think much, like the fact that Singto, from time to time, will also look at a boy sitting not so far away from where he was playing and said boy was also staring intently at the ice cream parlor albeit longingly.

Anyway, Sei decided to ask baby Singto if he wants ice cream and Singto hurriedly nodded, she even exaggerated that his head might even fall off the way he nodded with so much force. So, she happily went to the ice cream parlor to buy baby Singto the ice cream.

When she came back from the parlor, baby Sing was nowhere to be found and she panicked hence the state she was in when I found her.

After I heard her story, I thought about the boy Singto was looking at and strangely I calmed down. I sighed and walk back to where the boy was sitting at before this mess even happen.