Chapter 3 - A kiss revelled the truth

A/N: sorry for any spelling mistakes

Harry's POV

'DRACO?' I thought, "He can't see me though, I'm under the cloak. It's okay."

Or so I thought. Suddenly, Draco turned around and walked quickly towards me, as if he heard my thoughts. I held my breath, just in case he could hear my breathing. It was no use though because he just ripped the cloak off of me.

When he saw me, his eyes grew wide. He stumbled and tripped on the cloak, which led to him falling on top of me. I closed my eyes expecting the impact of Draco falling onto me, but when I opened my eyes I saw that he'd caught himself with his forearm.

I turned my face away from his, which was mere inches away from mine, in hopes that I'd stop blushing. His hot breath, which was now brushing the right side of my neck, didn't help; so I just turned my face back towards him.

When I was facing Draco, he leaned into my ear and whispered, "May I kiss you, Potter?" putting an almost annoying amount of emphasis on the Potter. I rolled my eyes but knew I was as bright as a tomato and whispered back, "Yes, you may, Malfoy."

When his lips hit mine, it was pure bliss. The kiss didn't last long but, nonetheless, it was enjoyable. I don't know what I was expecting when I opened my eyes, but what I definitely wasn't expecting was Draco to look so panicked.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's ju-" Draco responded before I cut him off.

"Because if you're worried about people finding out about us, I understand and we don't have to tell anyone," I say while sitting up, which leads to Draco sitting up from being on top of me.

Draco just looked at me for a second and shook his head, "W-What? Don't worry about that, I don't give a shit. I can literally buy the life of anyone who has a problem with us."

"Then what's wrong?"

"I-it's just that you're uh... glowing."

"Afterglow?" I laugh.

"No, serious-" Draco begins, but while he's talking I look over at the armillary sphere and see my reflection.

"What the hell, Draco, why am I glowing?!" I panic and, suddenly, a sharp agonizing pain branched through my back like lightning. It felt like someone was holding a flame directly to my bare flesh.

Draco was paralyzed with fear as I winced and strained against the pain until it faded.

When the pain had mostly subsided, I looked at Draco with tears in my eyes. He shook himself out of his frozen state and helped me up from the dirty floor. I took his hand but when I stood, a bright beam of light shot from me towards Draco, sending him flying across the tower and me to my knees.

I tried to pick myself up off the ground but felt resistance, when I looked back; I saw that chains had appeared around my hands, legs, neck, and torso. I tried to wriggle myself out of them but the more I moved, the tighter the shackles seemed to get.

That excruciating pain from before had begun to return. At first, my back only tingled, but that tingling sensation quickly began a burning sensation.

My chest tightened as it began to get harder to breathe, my ears were ringing, and my vision started to blur. I couldn't hold myself up on my knees anymore, so I just laid on the ground.

In between rapid blinks, in hopes to get my vision back to normal, I caught a glimpse of Draco. He seemed to be attempting to break the chains around me while yelling my name. That was the last thing I had heard and seen before I passed out.