Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

9• Don't You Know That Coffee Contains C8H10N4O2?

ALMOST everything I needed to successfully hide in my room all day was sitting either on my bed or floor

ALMOST everything I needed to successfully hide in my room all day was sitting either on my bed or floor. My favorite cozy blanket from downstairs, a shit ton of snacks, a literal cooler with drinks, and other random necessary shit. I was still pissy that Tyler was having the entire varsity basketball team over all day. I had no idea what their plans were (and I quite frankly didn't care), but all I knew was that they were going to be in my house for practically the entire day. A bunch of boys.

Celeste was jealous of me, obviously. A house full of boys was her fantasy. Whereas, for me, a house full of boys was a terrifying idea. One or two boys? Okay, sure. I wouldn't have to completely hide in my room. But the entire basketball team? Yeah, no. That's a nightmare. That's a shit load of testosterone and not enough estrogen to save myself.

I was wearing my favorite giant sweatshirt that had a 'Tears forever tears' logo (the name of only the best autobiography of a girl named Bryan Boonkér and it also is a podcast). On the back, a quote that said: "The key to any mans heart is through humor and gel electrophoresis." It was such a random, odd quote, but also incredibly fitting for my life since I was legitimately learning gel electrophoresis in my AP Biotech class. Crazy coincidence? Hell yeah.

As I walked downstairs towards the kitchen, I caught eye of one of my pieces of artwork. The same piece of artwork I'd sent a picture of to the mystery boy the other day. I don't know why, but the poster board Celeste and I made was implanted in my brain, reminding me that a good half of the "candidates" for my mystery boy were on the varsity basketball team. In a spur-of-the-moment decision, I grabbed the canvas from where it sat and stuffed it in my sweatshirt to bring upstairs after I got the ice cream I kept for myself in the freezer. It was obviously Ben and Jerry's half-baked because that's the best flavor of all time. When I got into the kitchen, Tyler was getting bowls full of snacks set up.

"Morning, sleepyhead," Tyler said. Did I mention I'd just woken up at 2 pm? No? Well, I just woke up at 2 pm.

I walked directly to the freezer to grab the ice cream. I already had my breakfast upstairs, which was my leftover fried rice from Panda Express that I'd gotten for lunch the other day. I had no way to heat it up upstairs, but I didn't care. Sue me for eating cold fried rice and loving it.

"The guys are coming over in around 30 minutes, just so you know," Tyler said. "You don't actually have to hide in your room. You're welcome to join in on the fun."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "The fun of being surrounded by, like, 15 guys playing random games and being weird? I'll pass, but thanks, Ty."

"Sometimes I do think you might be a lesbian," Tyler said. "Most girls would love to have the entire boys varsity basketball team at their house. But you are just dreading it. It's okay if you're a lesbian, you know we'll love you no matter what."