"Did you try turning it off and on again?"

Clark's head snapped up at me, expression pissed off.

"No. I've just been standing here like a jack ass for the past hour staring at the glitching screen - Yes, I tried that already! That's why I'm here to see if this doofus can fix it!"

The tech advisor behind the Donnie's Tech House counter flushed red, cradling Clark's busted phone. He was probably in our year, maybe one below, with flaming purple tips to his light brown hair. The guy barely cleared the counter and trembled hard enough he almost dropped the phone when Clark swore again, running a hand down his face, aggravated.

"Hey, man, chill out," I said, rubbing a hand on Clark's shoulder. "Lay off the guy, he wasn't the one who dropped their phone in the toilet."

"I didn't drop my-! Fuck, today is just... FUCK!"

His outburst drew the attention of a stout woman by the laptop display, who sent us a scandalized look. Clapping a hand over Clark's mouth I told the tech advisor to do what he could and guided us out of the mall's store. It took a couple rides on the escalator and parking ourselves at the food court to get Clark to somewhat calm down.

"We still have time, hopefully, they can figure out a way to fix it by then," I told him as he sucked down the slushy I bought him.

Clark pulled off the straw with a loud pop and pained expression. "This is the last thing I needed. I'm meeting Jessica's parents in a few hours. I'm already stressed, I don't need this looming over me."

"Chill man, we'll get this all sorted. Just focus on being charming... or at least tolerable."

Clark flicked his straw at me in retaliation before sinking further into the plastic chair. "Her dad golf's, how am I supposed to make conversation with someone that boring?"

"I don't know, talk about Tiger Woods or something?"

"I knew I should've brought Tommo with me, he doesn't say stupid shit like you do."

"Hey!" I said, grabbing his arm when he made to get up. "Just calm down, obviously Jessica trusts you if she's having you meet them."

"Yeah that's because she doesn't realize how much of a fuck up I am," he groaned before taking a hard pull of his slushy. Too much comes up and he choked, neon blue liquid spilling from his lips. I had to stop myself from reaching over and wiping it off, instead offering him a damp napkin. "Thanks."

"We should head back, lunch will be over soon and I can't afford to skip any more classes," I told him, getting to my feet.

"It's a ten minute walk dude, we have time. Plus you have study break next period. Chill."

"You studied my timetable," I smirked, still not sitting down.

Clark snorted, kicking my knee. "Gotta know where my number one is at all times. Plus Tommo told me about your date on Monday in the library with Deli Meats."

"That guy is such a nark sometimes."

"Like I said, gotta know where my number one is," he smirked, finally standing up, throwing his drink in the trashcan.

Clark slung his arm around my neck, jerking me close enough to ruffle my hair. I shoved him off, laughing over my rapid heart rate as he guided us towards the exit.

"He said you two are in the play together. Deli Meat didn't strike me as queer."

"Not everyone who does theatre is gay, man, don't be ignorant. Plus he has a girlfriend."