There was a bolder sat on my chest the moment I woke up Tuesday morning.

My eyes immediately went to Flemming's empty bed as I attempted to bolt upright, immediately weighed down by whatever – or whoever – was crushing me.

"He has awaken," April's voice called out, far too loud for how early my body felt it was. I hadn't been getting the best sleep the past few days. Between cramming and checking my phone every few moments in case Spencer suddenly decided he'd had enough time to think, sleep hadn't been a major priority of mine.

Rubbing my eyes I yawned widely, enjoying April's disgusted face at my morning breath. "Any reason you're bothering me? I don't have to be up until noon. My physics exam isn't until quarter to three."

"It's just past one in the afternoon," April said, smug. I sat fully upright at her words, dislodging her from my chest as I frantically reached for my phone. One-thirteen. Shit.

"Oh my god," I moaned, dropping back down against my pillow again. Immediately my eyes attempted to droop shut but I forced them open. Sleep was what got me into this mess, I needed to stay awake. I needed to get dressed, walk to school as fast as possible, and pray I was able to get in a quick read through my notes before we were forced into the exam room. "Get off me."

"I was only trying to help. I could've just left you here," April said, rolling onto the other side of the bed. Drawing back the covers I ignored her as she made herself comfortable, digging the heels of her shoes into my sheets. One hand tucked itself under her head as the other grabbed my phone, thumbing the screen on. I ran a limp hand through my hair and thanked my past self for showering last night instead of just crashing.

My backpack was already ready for the exam, filled by notes to skim over and my clear pencil case with my student ID. I knew there was an old Mars bar in the front pocket I could snack on while walking back home. I just had to figure out where all my clean clothes were hiding. The tidal wave of crap on my floor had grown strong the past few days, blending into Flemming's side of the room. He never complained about it though, surprisingly, just kicking a path through the mess from the door to his bed.

It was as I was rooting at the bottom of my wardrobe that April let out a loud snort, stamping her feet on my bed.

"I must say whoever this Iris is, she is a little over-invested in your relationship with Spencer," April called out to me and I got a headrush from how fast I snapped upright.

"How the hell did you unlock my phone?" I asked, not ready to dive into everything else she had figured out in the short span of time it took me to cross my room.

"Please, don't act like you didn't know I saved my thumbprint," April scoffed and my eyes widened.

"I didn't know that," I admitted, scratching my chin then narrowed my eyes in suspicion at my sister. "How long have you been reading my messages?"

"Since forever, Beau. And don't flatter yourself, you're conversations are usually pretty boring. Glad your life has finally spiced up a little," She laughed and I lunged for my phone, ending up with a foot to the chest.

"I don't have time for this," I gritted out, giving up and letting April wrestle away. "We'll get into this complete invasion of privacy later."

"I wouldn't have to snoop if you just talked to me instead of brooding in the corner of your room," she pouted, eyes quickly drifting back to my phone. I went back to the closet, settling on a pair of sweats and a faded green shirt, tugging them on as April kept herself entertained by my most intimate secrets.

"Don't open my Chrome app," I warned her, and April grimaced.

"Ew, Beau. Gross," She said, dropping the phone onto her lap.