15. What about Mister Purr?

I am the light. The vision. And the truth.
*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*:・゚

"Yanni? What's your answer?"

My pulse vibrates like a high volume speaker, blasting loud music through my ears as I thought about my answer. I don't know what to do. My head is spinning. I need some time alone. Zion still hasn't called back. My sisters have lost their minds. And I'm pondering on my vote.

Choose, Yanni.

My breathing falters, but I can still smell the sweet aroma of roasted coffee beans that Aunt BeeBee brewed while in the kitchen over thirty minutes ago. But I don't need a shot of caffeine. I'm already wired.

Choose.

My first thought is to weigh the pros and cons of invoking the Four Elemental Clause Act. If we don't go along with the plan, then we'll have to figure out who's the Photostalker, sneak into the hospital and bypass a shit load of security guards, cast a memory removal spell on the assailant, or murder him, and finally destroy all the evidence. And then once that's finished, we'll probably need to see a psychiatrist after everything is said and done.

But if we invoke Aunt BeeBee's crazy idea and agree with her plan, then I'll lose Zion forever.   

Which option should I choose?

I peek at each of my sisters, wondering what they might say or do if I choose to go along with the invoking Act or not. Aunt BeeBee would feel relieved, knowing she doesn't have to worry about the 'not so dead body lying in a coma.'

Junie would tell me that there's plenty of eggplants aka men in the dating sea.

Faylayee might snap and scream about her wedding. I'm serious. If I don't stand with Fay, we may get into a magical stand down: Air verse Water aka a hurricane fight in the middle of our house.     

And I don't want to fight my sisters, but it seems like there's only one option I can choose. Karma has cornered me, and now it's time to pay up. Perhaps this is what I get, or what we get for meddling with things we had no business doing.

I tilt my head back, sneering at my decision and yet ready to submit to my answer. It's so quiet inside our beautiful home that you can hear everyone's heartbeat. Or maybe it's my heart beating four times faster. Lucky, number four. 

Yanni, choose. Dammit.

After a considerable amount of internal debating, stalling, and deep sighs, I decided to go with the only option that made sense. And now, all I have to do is tell my sisters.

"Yanni?" Aunt BeeBee must know what I'm about to say, by the way, her shoulders relax. "Have you decided?"

Yeah, I decided. Now, all I have to do is say it out loud. First, my eyes drift over to Junie, who quirks a brow, analyzing my stance. And then, I glance at Faylayee as a look of distress forms across her face.

"I invoke..." I mumble, looking at Aunt BeeBee.

Faylayee shrieks. "Yanni, No! No, no, no, no!" She knows what I'm about to say to, and if I say it, then we all have to go along with it.

"Sis, let her say it," Junie's wide-eyed and ready for my response.

"Yes, she has to say it," Aunt BeeBee approaches me, eagerly with hands clamp together. She lowers her head, waiting. "Yanni..."

My body shifts at all the tension in the room, I can feel their energy swirling around, reminding me of how my decision affects them all. 

Without further delay, I clear my throat, releasing the very words two of my sisters needed to hear.