34. The Other Z Word

*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

Enter to the Zetish Underworld [Part 3 of 5]

Well, damn!

An eerie chill crawls up my skin, sending electrical pulses racing up my arms. Or is it the Zetish? I can't tell, but we're cruising down the highway, jamming to music, and plotting against our shady Detective-- Antonio Cree.

"That has to be illegal." Junie rolls down her driver's side window, letting a gush of air circulate in our ride. She's also watching cars go by and searching for suspicious vehicles.

We're not sure what's in the NIWP handbook for police protocol, but following us, badgering us, and being an annoying Warlock Cop has to be illegal.

Faylayee gasps. "What if Cree is the Photo-stalker?!" She grabs my arm, yanking it.

I hate when she does that, or maybe it's the Zetish talking. Either way, we're in the backseat, so I'm stuck until we get out.

Relax, Yanni.

"Fay, I don't think it's him," Aunt BeeBee clarifies. "Our actions in the alley weren't premeditated and..." She trails off, lost in deep thought. Whatever she wanted to say falters as she glances out the passenger window. "Le'Rue will know..."

"Well, I don't trust her!" Faylayee crosses her arms, turning her nose upward. "And Mister Purr doesn't either!"

Junie chuckles. "Fay, you should've thought of that, before you got the tattoo on your face--" The corners of Junie's mouth wavers as she glances up at the rearview mirror, and deadpans. "Shit."

Aunt BeeBee peeks through the side-view mirror. "Junie, drive like we have nothing to hide."

Within seconds, Faylayee and I turn around, facing the back window with our mouths wide open. It's three NOPD cop cars, speeding down the highway, sirens on, rushing towards us. A few cars swerve out of the way, giving them space as the cops pass by, closing the gap.

My heart's hammering against my chest as the Zetish does something strange within me. It's pulling me, begging me to roll down my window, and I won't say it. However, the Zetish spirals out of control, zinging the hidden parts I bury, and loving the newfound adrenaline rush. Who am I?

Junie chuckles. "Fay, you should've thought of that, before you got the tattoo on your face--" The corners of Junie's mouth wavers as she glances up at the rearview mirror, and deadpans. "Shit."

"Oh, my God! This is it!" yells Faylayee, fixing her hair. "I'm going to be someone's prison wife!"

Faylayee's outrageous comment surprises me. The thought of her in prison seems far-fetch since we've covered our tracks.

Junie huffs. "Sis, we're not going down. Period."

Aunt BeeBee calculates her movements, remaining undisturbed. "Junie's right. Everyone calm down. Let's all breathe." However, she doesn't take her eyes off the cop cars.

In an odd twist of fate, they zoom by, one-by-one, sirens blaring, attention forward, and completely oblivious about us.

When the cops disappear in the distance, Aunt BeeBee leans back, exhaling. "Is everyone all right?" She glances at Junie, making sure the driver's good. "As I said before, Le'Rue will know what we should do next."

If Detective Cree suspects us, then Aunt BeeBee is right; we need all the help we can get-- including going over to the dark side, aka meeting Etienne Le'Rue.