18. Yanni? Open up!

Fill me up with the sweet melody of love.
*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

"I said I agree with, Fay."

There's an art to picking the best option while under pressure. First, you have to take a deep breath, making the wrong decision is an absolute hell no. Next, you have to think about everyone's reaction, calculating all their responses, retorts, and shady clap-backs. Then you have to say your answer with mega confidence, practically leaving everyone in the room speechless, shook, and unable to challenge your truth.

Finally, after you've mastered the art of slaying while under pressure, glare at everyone in the room until they look away first. And bonus points, if you tell them straight up, 'that's my final answer.'

That's what I did, and the room fell silent.

Even Faylayee's speechless.

I mean the mood in the room shifts as if a frenemy walked and directed all their negative energy at you.

Yeah, life-changing; mood shifts.

I don't think none of my sisters were prepared for my answer. Perhaps they expected me to agree with the plan since I like to keep the peace, but for once it feels good to stick up for what's right. Besides, I'm saving their lives.

And also, rewriting herstory. Go, Yanni!

In my vision, my body glows, triggering my soul magic by invoking the clause but not today. As of right now, I'm creating a new path, one that's beneficial to everyone. My sisters don't know it yet.

And although we have a Photostalker, a politician laying in a coma aka the 'not so dead body,' and the NIWP lurking at the crime scene, I believe staying in New Orleans is the best choice. Hell, it's the only one since the other option is death.

Now I have to convince my other sisters that Faylayee is right. I glance over at her, peeking at her hard to contain composure. She's so happy right now. And I can't blame her; I'm excited too, but for other reasons.

My stomach is restless, knowing I have to explain and come up with another plan. But I'm having a hard time thinking of an idea. It has to be something so good that all my sisters will agree to it. My silence feels like a weakness, but I hope they understand that I need more time to think about it before I say anything too soon.

Aunt BeeBee exhales a shallow breath. "Well, I guess we can say it's never a dull moment with us."

We're too tired, drained, and depleted to engage with her comment. We only stand here, avoiding the inevitable.

Junie ignites the fire coursing through her veins and plays with it between her fingers. I don't take it as a sign of aggression, but Faylayee does. Faylayee lifts her hand, swirls them, then hurls a stream of baby blue light at Junie's fingers, blowing out the fire.

"What the hell, sis!" snaps Junie.

"Oh! I thought you were going to burn the house down since Yanni chose me..." Faylayee giggles. "Oops!"

Junie deadpans. "Oh, I got your oops, Fay." She then turns to me, cracking a smile. "So... what's the new plan, rebel?"

I exhale. "Let's wait a fews weeks before leaving NOLA for good. I think we can find out who's stalking us..."

The tension in the room builds, or maybe I assume it's building because all eyes are on me. Aunt BeeBee hasn't said anything else after her 'dull moment' comment, but I know she's waiting for an explanation for disagreeing with her plan. But what am I supposed to say? I had a premonition. I can't, if I do, then I'll be labeled a crazy Witch.