24. I Didn't See It Coming. Did You?

We all have a story to tell... share it.
*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚・゚:*:・゚:*

Well, come on, he says...

Deep sigh, hand slides, up, and rise. The lowest part of my stomach flutters with butterfly excitement, mystery, and intrigue. All I want to do is ask Zion where are we going, but the thrill of the unknown pulls at my soul. I need this.

If I'm meeting my end, then so be it. I want to be where ever he is. My exhaustion from that dreadful night doesn't compare to Zion's hand intertwining with mine as he leads to a new beginning. A renewal. A release.

He's also leading me to a door. Yes, a door, down the hall, from his condo. My insides shrills at the adventure that awaits.

Shrill, though? Yes! I'm using words, I'd never thought I'll say, but here I am, thinking outside the box just like him. 

Zion twists the doorknob, and a rush of clicks echoes out loud. He looks back at me, a mischievous grin appears, promising me that there's something good on the way. 

Okay, okay, I know I said I'm all for the unknown, but I need to know where we're going. Up?

Going up equals three flights of steps that my legs, thighs, and glutes aren't ready for, but he's encouraging me to do it, so let's go all the way.  Right?

He's into it too, glancing back at me, making sure I don't miss a step, a stride or a beat. Meanwhile, the pressure of telling him the truth hits me as hard as his 'do me now' cologne, still lingering on his jasper tone skin.

I'm so wrapped up in our moment, I'm practically buzzing like a swarm of bees, waiting for honey until we reach a steel door.

I should call Zion the 'king of keys' because once we're at the top step, he pulls out another one. It's the master key to the building's rooftop. Admittedly, I figured out where we were going after seeing two signs saying 'rooftop, no exit,' but I want to ask him and act surprised. Chess moves.    

I quirk a brow, lips twitching upward. "Zi? The rooftop?"

His eyes falter, then gravitates up to mine, contemplating his next words.

"Yeah... this is where I go to think." He doesn't question my curious look, only opens the door, waiting for me to step out.

"Oh..."

Peeling back another layer of Zion is exciting, palpable, and as breath-taking as the New Orleans City Skyline shimmering over the Mississippi River at night.

Once I step onto the rooftop, a gust of wind blows through my hair bun and tickles my neck. This feeling increases my desire to walk over by the ledge and check out the city view. And I do.

For a while, I let the glittering night lights consume me, soothe and calm me until a warm presence wraps its arms around me. It's more than what I need, it's everything times ten.

"Come on," Zion whispers.

Wait? There's more. Oh my, I can't take this, if he surprises me again, I might give him all my magic, my sisters magic, and my credit cards.

Yanni, criminal case. Focus. 

Zion squeezes my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts, and escorting me near a ten-foot storage house with a metal ladder on the side. When he lets go and grips the bars, leading up to the top, I gasp.

"We're going up another level." It's more of a question than a comment.

He doesn't say anything while at the top, which means I need to climb up and live in the moment.