ONE

CHAPTER ONE
"It's been a while"

     MELISSA RYANS FLEW OVER HER HOME city, Wakefield, with a massive smile over her face

     MELISSA RYANS FLEW OVER HER HOME city, Wakefield, with a massive smile over her face. Her arms were wide on either side of her with her scarlet red cape flapping wildly behind her.

The blonde superhero loved the feeling of flying. She adored the feeling of the cold wind running over her skin, sliding her hair to the back and making her cape flow gently against it.

So, when Melissa wasn't working as an assistant, she was soaring through the skies as her small city's very own hero, Superhuman. She had to admit, the name wasn't the most creative but she liked it, Melissa found it catchy and she didn't want to disrespect the media company that did come up with the name.

The cold wind faded through her suit, hitting her skin and making small goosebumps come up but it didn't bother them alien-human hybrid. Melissa let her eyes closed as she flew, embracing the flight. She flew high, making sure to be higher then any building so she could do this, zoning out from the loud traffic and busy civilians under her.

Wakefield was a small city, but it was big enough to suit Melissa's needs and she was happy her parents brought her there.
Originally, Melissa and her parents lived in New York City but after discovering their daughter had at least the heat vision, they thought it'd be best to move somewhere less crowded and condensed.

Doing one last lap of the city, and landing to say hi to a few of the citizens, Melissa flew through the night and headed towards a familiar street.

The traffic became less as she entered the street where her apartment was placed. Being late at night, most civilians were at their homes, enjoying time with family or watching reruns of different TV shows.

There were a few still out but none paid attention to the Superhuman, allowing her to sneak into her apartment window without any suspicion. She had no roommates specifically because of her persona and her landlord had never questioned her about anything regarding 'Superhuman', so she was safe.

She climbed through her large window, landing delicately on her feet. Melissa spun around and slid the window shut with ease, cringing slightly at the protesting squeak it gave.

A gentle sigh escaped her lips and she threw her arms back, detatching her long cape. It easily came off and she threw it over her dinning rooms chair, the table being sat in the middle of the main room.

Her apartment worked like a 'L' in a way. Entering, you're welcomed by her dinning room table and a kitchen mirroring it. Her living room sat in front of both of them, a selection of different couches surrounding her large TV and turning right from that room, her bedroom sat there, a large queen sized bed in the middle with a small set of drawers on either side and a tall lamp tucked away in the corner. Right of her bed, sat her wardrobe, filled with many different types of clothes due to Melissa's love for varieties of types of clothing.