TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
"I don't want to hurt you"

      MELISSA STILL GLIDED UNDER THE SHIELD carrier as she waited, struggling to hold the weight

      MELISSA STILL GLIDED UNDER THE SHIELD carrier as she waited, struggling to hold the weight. The SHIELD vessel was probably the heaviest thing she had to lift or carry, and it made her worry more when she realised how many people's lives were at stake. If she lost a grip, or didn't have the strength to hold it, the carrier would fall to the side again and slowly spiral down to the waters and land below.

But luckily for her, the anxiety was soon, literally, lifted as she felt it become lighter.

Melissa squinted an eye open, seeing the carrier began to straighten out again. She hesitantly moved her hands from the turbine, watching as it stay stable in the air.

"I-I got it," Tony huffed through the coms.

Melissa took a moment to catch her breath again, running a hand through her blonde hair that was pushed all the way behind her. Her cape flapped wildly behind her and as a strong hit of wind slammed into her, Melissa was told instantly SHIELD was able to get the second turbine back up.

She gracefully turned around, floating through the cool air and to the glass the Hulk had shattered.

Her arms ached due to the immense weight she just had to hold and it made her just want to relax, cool herself down.

She touched down into the room her and Thor fought the Hulk in, sighing loudly.

Her shoulders slouched and her eyes gently fell shut as she tried to get rid of the pain. She hugged her arms, wincing at the cuts that littered them and the bruises that began to form. A small drip of blood slid down her wrist from the deep cut across her hand and Melissa forced herself to move her other shaky hand to swipe away the drop.

"Melissa, you there?"

Her hand moved slowly away from the cut and to her ear, resting on the black earpiece that managed to stay in her ear despite the strong wind currents outside.

"Yeah... I'm-"

A loud bang echoed through the room, making Melissa's eyes fly open and her hand slid to her cape. She threw the long material up, her hearing being able to detect where the gunshot came from.

A bullet bounced off of the cape, tinging against the metal floors.
Melissa slowly moved the cape down, her eyes peeking over the edge.

Her heart broke instantly as she saw Reyna on the other side, a pistol in her hand. The barrel of the gun smoked slightly due to the bullet that was fired a few seconds prior.

Her outfit was fully black, her hair, that sat on her shoulder, almost blended in with the dark clothes but her pale skin stood out against everything. Her brunette hair was in a tight ponytail, sitting straight as it curved onto her shoulder and her glare was cold towards Melissa. The brunette's eyes had a dark blue look to them and her face stayed cold, emotionless.