EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
"What just happened"

     MELISSA ENTERED THE ROOM FEELING AS relaxed as she could knowing Loki had control of Reyna

MELISSA ENTERED THE ROOM FEELING AS relaxed as she could knowing Loki had control of Reyna. Her blonde hair was tucked behind her ears, resting over her shoulders and her black rimmed glasses sat over her eyes. She had changed out of her suit, now wearing a pair of black leggings and a simple but plain shirt.

She entered the control room, approaching a large round table, that had the separate recruits Fury had found seated at it.

Melissa took a seat besides Natasha, watching as Nick Fury basically threatened Loki.

"You get how that works?" Fury fiddled with the controls and the opening below Loki's cage sealed shut. "Ant-" he motioned to Loki. "Boot-" he motioned to the control panel.

Melissa rolled her eyes as she continued to watch the camera footage. Loki began chuckling as he backed up to the middle of the circular enclosure. "It's an impressive cage... not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger then you," Fury snapped back.

"Oh, I've heard," Loki's piercing glare moved towards that camera that sat in the corner. Melissa leaned back in her seat, feeling like Loki was staring right at her. "A mindless beast... makes play he's still a man," Natasha's stare slowly moved up and glanced over towards Bruce who was shifting uncomfortably. "How desperate are you... that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

Melissa rested one of her hands against her forehead, feeling like he was referring to her and how her alien heritage made her stand out against the rest and not fit in properly.

"How desperate am I?" Fury stepped closer to the glass that was separating Loki from the outside. "You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun," Loki's cold stare stuck to the director of SHIELD. "You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

Loki leans forward slightly, an "ooh" passing his lips. "It burns you to have come so close... To have the Tesseract, to have power... Unlimited power... And for what?" his stare moved, looking through the glass to examine the room his cell was in. "A warm light for all mankind to share... And then to be reminded what real power is."

Done for now, Fury back away from the glass, spinning on his heels to exit the room. "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

Loki turned to the camera, smirking at it before the screens they were looking at faded away.

Melissa sighed and sank in her seat, drumming her fingers across her leg.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce spoke up.

"Loki's gonna drag this out..." Steve stated, his eyes still focused on the technologically advanced table. "So, Thor, what's his play?"