SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
"You kidding? This is an amazing comeback"

      AS TONY AND MELISSA FOLLOWED THE ship, searching for a way to take it down, the other four focused on saving as many people as they can on the ground

Three of them took shelter behind the destroyed vehicles before Steve quickly joined them, avoiding the incoming lasers from the Chitauri.

"We've got civilians  still trapped up there," Clint told him.

A small group of Chitauri soared over head, lasers raining down on the streets. Explosions decorated the edges of each streets.

"Loki," Steve breathed out, noticing the demigod in the middle of them all.

The scene was like something out of an action and horror movie. Screams never stopped, fear being the only feeling that most had at that moment. Smoke filled the air due to the explosions, making some think it would begin to get hard to breathe.

"They're like fish in a barrel down there," Steve stated, glancing back at Natasha, Reyna and Clint.

Natasha jumped to her feet, firing her duel pistols at some of the aliens, Reyna quickly joining her. She easily saw that her katana would be useless in this situation and tucked it back in its holster, pulling the small but strong pistol from her belt.

She fired it towards more smaller ships before ducking back down to regain cover.

"We got this. It's good. Go," Natasha urged as Clint rushed behind another toppled car.

"Do you think you can hold them off?" Steve questioned the three.

Reyna nodded as Clint glanced back, a smirk growing on his face. "Captain," he flicked one of the settings in his bow, changing the arrows to ones that'd be much more useful. "It would be my genuine pleasure."

Clint jumped to his feet, loading the arrow into the longbow. He pulled the drawstring back with the arrow loaded, letting it go. The arrow flew through the sky and easily took out a few of the Chitauri.

As Steve ran, Natasha and Reyna also jumped to their feet, each of them taking out their fair share of the alien species.

Whilst Natasha and Reyna covered Clint, the archer moved to help the innocent civilians out of the locked bus. He helped a young boy through a broken window, before urging more to climb out. He quickly saw it wasn't moving quick enough and focused on sliding the bus's doors open again. With a strong tug, the doors loosen and he managed to make it slide open, allowing people to exit.

Next, Clint returned to Natasha and Reyna's side, assisting them with taking out wide groups of the Chitauri.

"Just like Budapest all over again," Natasha shouted over the commotion, making Reyna raise an eyebrow.