TEN

CHAPTER TEN
"I'm only half alien"

      MELISSA MARCHED THROUGH THE SHIELD CARRIER with her long cape flowing gracefully behind her

      MELISSA MARCHED THROUGH THE SHIELD CARRIER with her long cape flowing gracefully behind her. Determination filled her expression, making incoming agents separate to allow the half human to pass without getting in the way.

Her red heel clicked against the floor loudly and told the occupants of the lab she was coming before she had even arrived. With her enhanced hearing, Melissa was able to pick up on yelling and she couldn't tell, but she thought there were insults also being thrown.

"I'd like to know, why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction-"

"To build what?" Melissa exclaimed as she too entered, stepping past Natasha and Thor. Her eyes were instantly drawn to one of the screens Bruce was holding onto tightly to see that the two scientists had discovered SHIELD's phase two.

"Did you know about this, Supergirl?" Tony questioned but instantly regretted it when he saw the confusion and shock that was evident on her face.

The blonde shook her head as she approached Doctor Banner, taking hold of the screen and scanning through. She was quick to learn everything about the second phase and her eyes widened as she learned what the Tesseract was going to be used for.

"What the hell-Fury!" she glanced back at the director. "Why the hell is SHIELD planning to use the Tesseract for weapons? You said it could lead to sustainable energy, something the world-"

"Because of him," Nick cut her off, pointing to the demigod that stood approximately two meters away from him.

Thor's confusion was evident. "Me?"

"Last year, Earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town," the director explained, never once moving his eye from the blonde. "We learned that not only are we not alone, along with your kind Agent Ryans, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned-"

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor claimed before looking over to Melissa,  who had moved her grip to the table next to her, gripping onto the side. "She is the alien, she's more of a threat to you than my people."

Melissa's eyes widened even more at the demigod's claim, she felt her fist tighten. "I am only half alien, on my father's side, and at least," her grip tightened so much that her hand was beginning to go pale. "At least, I am using my abilties for good and am not leveling out a whole fricken' town!" the table she had held onto gave out, the edge cracking off making Melissa close her mouth and look down at where a metal corner rested in her hand. "Oops..."

"Both of your people aren't the only ones out there though, and you both aren't the only types of threats," Fury stated, ignoring what Melissa had just said and done. "The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."