THIS IS HALLOWEEN

(A/N: Btw the song chapters might not always start with the song, if you pick up what I'm putting down. ;D)

"Dad, you're back!" I cried two hours later.

I ran into his arms.

"Hey, Skelly," he sighed. "Yeesh, all that scaring really makes me exhausted."

"Don't go to bed yet, I haven't seen you all day," I said. I pulled away from him but followed him around the house. He sat down on his bed and looked around.

"Where's the dog?" he asked.

"I think he went back to his grave dog house," I said. "I mean, that's the only place he goes when he leaves the house on his own."

"True," Dad yawned.

I sat next to him and leaned against his shoulder. "I get the fact that you're the Pumpkin King and you have to go scaring people during the Halloween season," I said, "but I wish the Mayor would quit hogging you whenever it's not Halloween. You know what I mean?"

"Yes, it does get annoying," Dad said.

"I miss you a lot," I sighed. "I mean, when you're gone and stuff."

"I know, I miss you when I'm gone, too," Dad replied. "But you know what? I'll try to spend as much time with you as possible, okay?"

"Okay," I said. "I'd like that."

Dad put his hand to his face and sighed heavily. It was at that moment that I felt the distinct feeling that something was wrong with him. It was almost like he didn't want to be the Pumpkin King anymore. But why....?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! The final hours of Halloween! I ran outside and found Sally. "Sally!" I said. "I assume you poisoned Dr. Finklestein?"

"Yep," Sally said. "I put Deadly Nightshade into his tea. He gulped it right up without any hesitation."

"Wow..." I muttered...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran outside, excited for Dad to finally come home and hopefully stay there. It was pitch black outside besides the full yellow moon, and I knew that soon, Dad would come home for good...until next Halloween season, of course...

I heard the Citizens of Halloween start singing the song they sang every year, and to me, it never got old.

Boys and girls of every age,
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see
This, our town of Halloween.
This is Halloween!
This is Halloween!
Pumpkin scream in the dead of night.
This is Halloween, everybody make a scene!
Trick or treat til the neighbors gonna die of fright.
It's our town, everybody scream!
In this town of Halloween...

I soon heard the monster under the bed, Anolko, singing. I thought of him and realized I kind of found him creepier than the other monsters...

I am the one hiding under your bed,
Teeth ground sharp and eyes glowing red!

Then I heard Bearon singing.

I am the one hiding under your stairs,
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair.