THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS FINALE

I ran into Dad's arms. "Y-you're alive..." I whispered. "You're okay."

"I'm here," Dad said.

I started crying harder as he stroked my hair. I had to tell him what had been on my mind lately, or else I'd probably faint again.

I pulled away from him, and he looked at me in confusion.

"The crack is worse," he said.

"It is?" I asked.

"Yeah, it is," Shock replied.

I rubbed the crack and traced it until it ended right above my eye. "Ouch," I said.

"We have to go to town!" the Mayor said, his happy face back. "Let's go!"

We all filed into his truck, and Shock and Barrel ended up having to sit on the roof.

The townspeople surrounded us, cheering and clapping.

La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la
Jack's okay!
And he's back okay!
He's alright!
Let's shout, make a fuss!
Scream it out, wheeeeeee!

Jack is back now everyone sing
In our town of Halloween...

Dad climbed out of the truck. "It's good to be home!" he said.

I looked up just in time to see Santa Claus's sleigh fly past the full moon.

"Ho, ho, ho!" he yelled. "Happy Halloween!"

"Merry Christmas!" Dad yelled back up at him.

Snow started falling, and I jumped up and down. I knew what snow was, but I'd never experienced it. I looked back up at the moon, starting to wonder where Oogie Boogie was.

The townspeople looked at the snow curiously.

What's this?
What's this?
I haven't got a clue.
What's this?
Why, it's completely new.
What's this?
Must be a Christmas thing.
It's really very strange.
This is Halloween.
Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!
What's this?
What's this?
What's this?
What's this?

Everyone started playing in the snow, and I looked up through the window to my room. I wished Lock was here to experience this.

"Careful, my precious jewel!" Dr. Finklestein's voice cried.

I looked at gasped when I saw what appeared to be his wife pushing him in his wheelchair. I blinked several times, then turned around and saw that Dad was gone. I ran to the graveyard and saw him walking toward Sally. I listened closer.

My dearest friend, if you don't mind
I'd like to join you by your side,
Where we can gaze into the stars
And sit together
Now and forever.
For it is plain as anyone can see,
We're simply meant to be.

I smiled as Dad hugged Sally and kissed her, but then that reminded me of Mom. I frowned and walked back into my house. I slowly dragged my feet up the stairs and sat on my bed, being careful not to wake Lock. I started crying again, this time in sadness.