Moving Forward

The ride back to the hotel was awkward, since Hanayu insisted he be driven separately.
Currently, Mark was in the passenger seat of another black SUV, feeling like a child while Hanayu drives with a pinched expression. It isn't until they've pulled up to the hotel that they sigh, a harsh and disappointed sound.
"You did well today, raising money for your charity. However; I feel the need to tell you that you've caused the need for a new stipulate in the contracts. I hadn't thought about sexual assault during any of the levels."
Mark is stunned at the accusation before he recalls that, yes, he had been on video.
"I have no right to call the authorities for what happened, it's been requested that I let the incident slide, but I'll make this perfectly clear: If we do business together again, under any circumstances, I will not tolerate that behavior again."
Their incessant glaring has Mark scrambling out of the car, almost forgetting his camera bag in the process. Once his feet hit pavement, the SUV speeds out of the parking lot.

Mark's glad for the riddance.

Exhausted, he turns back toward the boutique hotel and shuffles into the lobby, nodding at the few fans who've stayed here for the event, taking a few pictures before scurrying upstairs. He's about to call Sean's cell number as the elevator door slides open with a chime, but the other man is sat in front of his door, head on his knees.
"Sean?"
Blue eyes snap up, and then he's is standing.
"We need to talk." he says, and Mark nods, fishing his room key out of his bag and fumbling it into the doorknob.

They stumble into the room and Mark throws his bag onto a decorative chair before flinging himself onto the bed and patting the spot next to him. Sean patters over to sit on the chair's armrest instead. Eyes downcast. Its silent both men try to address what had happened earlier.
Sean is the first to speak;
"I talked to Signe." he admits, trying to sound calm, "I... She told me I had to make a decision, and it's true. I do. It's you or her, and right now? I'm too fucked in the head to think straight."
Mark nods solemnly as Jack continues;

"I've been avoiding this issue for years; it's a pain in my ass, loving you. At first I wanted to be your friend, I was a fan, it was so simple. When you started talking to me, including me, I realized that you were such a dynamic person. You're magnetic."
Mark feels flattered.
"I wanted to be someone that mattered to you; an equal, a contender! It wasn't until you started pushing me away that I realized the emotion I pinned to you was romantic."
Mark notices that he has tears in his eyes and moves to wipe them away gently. At first, he flinches, but he leans into the touch when Mark's warm fingers meet a cold cheek.
"I know I fucked up, Sean." Mark admits, and the words are tight; guilty, "Today, back then, it's been a series of Mark-brand fuckups."
Sean can't help but snort.
"But today, being with you? Touching you? Kissing you?" the last part makes both of their faces heat, "It's been the best thing in a long time. I've lost my way, I lost my inspiration, my drive. I was a mess and nothing was pulling me out of it; but you? This? This is the most functional I've been in months."
"Give me a shot, Jack. Let me learn to love you."

* * *

Sean ends up staying in Mark's room a little longer, talking about the day's events. They talked about how easily they made it through the Five Nights at Freddie's franchise, laughing heartily when Mark proclaims that he is still "THE KING! OF FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDIES!"
It wasn't until Sean shifted in his seat, trying to avoid talking about any other levels, that his shirt rides up his waist and he hears Mark suck in a breath.
"Sean."
Blue eyes flick over to Mark immediately, worried.
"What's wrong?" he asks.
Mark doesn't say anything; instead he's gripping Sean's arm and pulling him up out of the chair. He's struggling a little, a scared tremor in his voice as Mark presses his hands up under his shirt.
"Mark! What--"
"Look."