1

"Perseus."

"Uh, Dad? Any reason you decided to pop in as soon as I got out of the shower or was that random?" I raised an eyebrow glad I already had my pants and sportsbra on.

His face turned red. "That could have been bad."

"You think?" I pulled my shirt on before sitting on my bed. "But seriously, why are you here? You're not exactly the best dad and as far as I know your brother doesn't like you visiting."

Dad sighed. "I'm here on business so Zeus cannot interfere."

"What kind of business?"

"You know about Aquaman right?"

"Yeah, Orin. What about him?"

"Well, his sidekick recently formed a group alongside his fellow sidekicks and he's the leader. I need you to go observe them."

"So I ask you to leave me alone and this is what you do?"

"I know I know I know. You want a break from us and everything that has to do with being a demigod. But this isn't demigod stuff, this is princess stuff."

"I'm only a princess because you're a god."

"But it's possible to be an Atlantean princess without me being a god. I'm going to go tell your mother that your leaving. Pack your bag." He walked out and I sighed.

I don't get a choice. What else is new?

I grabbed my backpack from underneath my bed and dumped its contents on my bed.

Let's see...deodorant, dagger, nectar, ambrosia, bandages, needles, and sorts of other things for stuff that involves blood.

I managed to put a couple outfits inside with it still being able to close. A second later, my door opened and Dad walked back in.

"Ready?"

"As I'll ever be." I mumbled, slinging my bag over my shoulder. "Where am I going?"

"I'm going to drop you off at their base. They aren't there right now so it should be easy to avoid accidentally killing someone. I can survive flashing into a shared space but mortals...tend to not be as resilient." He chuckled and rested his hand on my shoulder. "Close your eyes."

I did as he asked and felt us dissolve. When we reformed I spoke.

"That wasn't flashing."

"Vapor travel. Dissolves people and objects into vapor. A lot safer to use than flashing. Especially when you're in such a state."

"And what state is that?"

"You're..." Dad sighed and shook his head. "It doesn't matter. But you know what you're supposed to be doing?"

"No cause you never actually told me."

Dad handed me a notebook that he pulled from nothing. "Observe the group that lives here, specifically the Atlantean. Write down how they act and how the Atlantean handles them. I want you to call me every other week to report your findings, but call me every week to check in."

"Why do I have to check in?"

"Because I want you to. Have fun and...well, don't let them find out that I'm your dad. I don't think it will turn out well."

I nodded and turned. "I'll talk to you in a week."

I explored the entire facility, trying every door and heading down every hallway.

This is nuts. What kind of place is this?

Eventually I got board and walked back to the the room I arrived in. I sat against the wall and started counting the lights.

The tube thingies at the end of the room lit up and kids and an adult walked out.

"That was awesome!" A redhead yelled.

My eyes trained on the dark-skinned blond. He held his head high, and rested a hand on a shorter boy's shoulder.

"Wally, maybe calm down a bit? The Bioship took a lot of damage." A green skinned girl asked. "I'll have to let her rest for at least a week before we take her out again."

"Does your uncle know of anything which may speed up the healing process?" The blond asked.

Green girl shook her head.

I shifted my weight slightly and before I knew it weapons spun through the air towards me.

I rolled out of the way and up onto my feet. I dodged more arrows and...batarangs? That's Batman right?

I kept dodging attack after attack, including those from the blond, the blonde girl, the redhead, and Superman's younger clone.

Like seriously he's identical except for the hair.

I was lifted up into the air and I looked at the green girl, whose eyes were glowing.

I sighed and she was knocked backwards, dropping me to the floor. I jumped back up and settled into an actual fighting stance.

"Who are you?!"

"Does it really matter?" I asked, once again dodging before kicking my assailant in the side.

"How'd she even get in here?"

"No idea. Miss Martain!"

After that, there was no talking from their side of things.

"Okay. Can you guys chill for like three seconds?!" I yelled, throwing my hands out in front of me.

Everybody froze.

"I'm not here to attack you. Jeez." I ran my hand through my hair. "You're acting like I threatened to kill everyone in this room."

"If you're not here to attack us, then why are you here?" The dark skinned boy asked. I stared at him with narrowed eyes. He has gills and he has the Aquaman symbol.

He showed no sign of discomfort from my staring.

I shook my head. "I'm here because I was told to be."

"Why were you told to be here?"

"Just observing."

Hey look it's a new book

Now uh...

Hm...

See yah