3

"Morning." I said, walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" Kaldur asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

A plate was sat onto the counter and Kaldur turned off the stove. "The others have already eaten as have I. Once you finish eating, perhaps you will consider joining us for training?"

"Um, maybe." I slid onto a stool and dug into the food. I hummed in appreciation. "You're a good cook."

"Thank you. I am glad you enjoy my cooking, though I am sure you will find Megan's much more appealing."

After he left, I took my time eating before I washed my plate and walked in the direction I thought he went. And props to me for going the right way.

"Are you the mystery girl Batman was talking about?" A woman asked.

"I haven't heard what he's said so I can't say for sure. Also tell him that talking about people behind their backs is rude."

She narrowed her eyes before nodding. "I'm Black Canary, the person in charge of training."

"I'm Percy, the person now living here to observe."

"What are you observing?"

I shrugged. "No idea. I'm winging this and hoping for the best."

"Do you want to train with us?" Megan asked.

"I'll watch for a little bit, let my food digest a little bit you know."

Canary smiled and nodded, leading to me doing exactly what I said I was going to do.

I sat on the floor and watched them fight against each other. Robin against Artemis. Kaldur against Connor. Wally against Megan.

I watched how each of them fought and made mental notes about that. Eventually I got up and went back to my room to grab my notebook before sitting in the same spot.

I opened it to a new page and uncapped my pen.

Robin jumps around a lot in training, using his opponent as a springboard. It makes sense considering he's so small and young. I mean, I've done more than he has but I don't think he has any of the inborn advantages I do. So for him to have survived this long he would need to be able to not only hold his own in combat but be able to easily evade. My guess is that Batman trained him to strike and then back away for most enemies. He's doing a mix of steady strikes and what I put earlier.

Artemis is aggressive, sorta like my cousin. She's holding up well so whatever training she has had involved the same fighting as what Robin is doing. She's not very hesitant when it comes to her attacks.

Kaldur, the Atlantean, has a balanced fighting style. It's pretty similar to the hand to hand training I have. He's dodging the attacks and then attacking any opening he sees. He's a bit sloppy with some of his attacks, I've seen several opportunities where Connor could have ducked to his back and landed a blow. Might want to look into the combat training in Poseidonis, because if Aquaman's 'knight' is making these mistakes what are other soldiers doing?

Connor relies on his brute strength. That's all there is to it. He's like Clarisse but even she uses some thought during a fight. Never thought I'd think that, much less write that.

Wally on the other hand uses his speed. Not sure if Canary is letting him or if he's just doing it anyway, but he's spinning out of the way of most attacks but he's only landed a few hits.

Megan is doing a good job blocking. She's somehow keeping up with Wally and his constant flirting.

I might hurt him if he tries to flirt with me. I'm putting this on the record so you have proof that it wasn't an out of the blue assualt.

I closed the notebook and sat it to the side. When I looked at the others, they had finished.

"Percy, do you want to spar against me?" Canary asked.

"As long as no one looks at, touches, or moves my notebook. Or my pen."

I know they're not the Stolls but it doesn't hurt to be careful.

I stood up and stretched. Walking over to her, I offered a small smile.

"Do you know how to fight?" She asked.

"Uh, yeah, why else would I agree to spar?" I rolled my eyes. "Now come on, let's go."

Canary took off her jacket and dropped it on the floor.

I shifted my weight slightly and watched her. She launched at me and I dodged to the side, kicking her.

"Huh, you actually can fight."

"Don't know why you're surprised." I ducked under a punch and caught her leg as she kicked at me. I pushed her to the ground, but she caught herself.

I grinned and started attacking her, piecing together tactics I've used in fights against others. It was mainly a mix of stuff from Diana, Thalia, and Annabeth.

My shoulders fell and I got distracted long enough for Canary to land a solid punch to my face.

I fell backwards and my hands flew to my nose. My eyes were watering as I pulled a hand away.

Great a...

A...

Bloody nose.

I was vaguely aware of Canary putting her hand on my shoulder and saying something, but...

My eyes stayed focused on the blood. I started shaking and I scrambled to my feet. I darted to my room, locking the door behind me.

I opened a bottle of water and used it to heal myself.

There was pounding at my door and Canary yelling for me to let her in.

"Leave me alone. Please."

Even as the words left my mouth, I knew they wouldn't help matters. After all, look how far that got me with the gods.

Okay I gotta get to bed

So...

Uh...

Have a chapter

Good night

And

See yah