2

They stared at me.

"What?" I asked. "Do I have a stain on my shirt?" I looked down like I was actually checking.

"What do you mean observe?" Batman asked.

"I have no idea. I was just chilling at home when I got told I'd be doing this. Honestly, I'd rather be swimming or baking or something. No offense to you guys but I have better things to do than play babysitter. Do you any place I can sleep? I have no idea where we are or how close to my home we are."

"How do you not know that?" Blonde girl asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. All I know is I'm only going to attack you if you attack or if you take my cookies or if you insult my mother."

I slipped my hand into the pocket of my sweats. Batman shifted slightly and barely relaxed when I pulled Riptide out of my pocket.

I twirled it around my fingers and smiled. "My name's Percy. Nice to meet you guys."

The Atlantean was the first to respond.  He walked over to me and offered me his hand. "My name is Kaldur'ahm. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Uh...do you go by anything shorter? Like Kal or something?"

"You can call me Kaldur." He smiled.

I nodded and returned the smile. "Good. Cause that is a mouthful."

"My name's Megan. Or M'gann technically. Use whichever one you want." The green girl said, her skin changing until it was white.

That's actually kind of cool.

"Connor." Superclone said, not even offering to shake my hand.

"My name's Artemis. It'll uh... it'll be nice to have another girl."

"Hey babe. Name's Wally, but if you want to call me something else, well, I'll let you call me whatever you want." Redhead wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"I can kill you, do you really want to flirt with me?"

"He flirts with everyone. Just ignore him. I'm Robin. Batman doesn't want anyone to know my real name."

"I mean fair. I could have been lying and just found out your secret identities." I slipped Riptide back into my pocket. "I don't even know why you told me your names."

"I've seen enough people lie that I can tell if people are telling the truth or not." Robin said.

"You would hate some of my friends. You can't tell if they're lying unless you have hard evidence in your hands. And then you need to watch it because they can and will steal it right out of your hands."

"Here, we can show you your room. I mean, you need a place to stay right?" Megan asked and I nodded.

She pulled me into a hallway and we both ignored Batman as he yelled at her.

"Here, you go. Do you need help?"

"I'll be fine, thanks." I opened my bag and pulled out my clothes. "Though I'll need to get some more clothes."

"What else is in your bag then?"

"Not much. Some medicine, bandages, a knife."

Megan frowned. "Are you okay? I remember Black Canary telling us to keep an eye on people who take those sorts of things places."

My eyes widened. "No. It's not for that Megan. I- A lot of people want me dead. It's supposed to help keep me alive. Besides, it was a gift from my dad. He's a fisherman."

That's not a lie. Dad gave it to me before I left Olympus after telling them I wanted to be left alone.

"Oh...well, either way. If you ever want to talk to someone I'm usually free."

"What are you talking about?"

We looked over at Kaldur who was leaning against the doorframe.

"Megan thought that me having a knife and bandages meant I cut myself. I just get injured a lot."

Kaldur nodded. He cane in and sat on the edge of my bed.

It was quiet.

"What are you supposed to observe?" He asked.

I sighed. "Something about behaivor or something. I don't know why my cousin couldn't have done this. She'd be better for it."

I put my clothes away and stashed the rest of my bags contents in another drawer.

"Where are you from?" Megan asked.

"New York. But I travel a lot."

I sighed. I wish I didn't travel as much. If I didn't...

Maybe they'd still be alive.

"Hey um...can we talk in the morning or something? I'm really tired."

"Of course. Do you like pancakes?" Kaldur asked.

I nodded.

"Okay. Goodnight Percy." He walked out and Megan followed behind him.

They shut the door, leaving me alone in the bland room.

I opened the notebook and pulled out the pencil shoved into the spiral.

I wrote down the date and a small note to myself to ask my dad what the Hades he wants me to actually be doing.

Then I started on what I think I should be doing.

Once they showed up, they didn't notice me. The Atlantean, Kaldur'ahm or Kaldur, kept his attention focused on Batman. I feel like he's the older brother to the other kids. Once they did notice me, he tried to attack me with blades of water which means he didn't know who I was.

I don't think he knows anything about me, he didn't recognize my name. Though he was the first to give me his. I think he's quick to put his trust in others. He and Megan talked to me in my new room for a little bit before I convinced them to leave so I could write this. He also asked me if I like pancakes, so I don't know if he makes breakfast or not.

The others...I don't know much about. But Batman didn't seem happy that they trusted me with their identities so quickly.

I'll try to find out more about them tomorrow.

Huh

This is crappier than I thought it would be

Anyway

I'm currently rewriting one of my older books, the army of Chaos book.

So uh that was just an fyi

See yah