10

"How'd the mission go?" I glanced at the Team as they entered the living room.

"Badly." Wally groaned, collapsing onto the couch. "Somebody got caught sneaking into a base and then a bunch of stuff blew up."

"The somebody in question is you, Wally." Robin laughed and sat next to him.

A small smile spread across my face as I pulled a pan out of the oven. "I made some dinner for you guys. Chicken nuggets and fries."

"You didn't have to do that." Megan flew over.

"I was here by myself and I got bored. It was this or I go talk to my dad. As much as I love the guy, he's not always the best person to talk to. I can never tell if he's joking or not. Which is really bad when your talking about serious stuff," I said, fixing myself a plate of food. I sat on a stool and started picking through my meal, paying half attention to the conversation going on around me.

All of a sudden my heart started speeding up and I bit the inside of my lip, trying to keep myself from shaking. What the Hades?

"You okay, Percy?" Connor asked. "Your heartbeat is really fast."

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm gonna go use the restroom."

The moment I made it into the bathroom, I rushed to the toilet. I barely made it before my stomach decided to empty itself. A soft groan left my lips, and I leaned against the wall.

My heart was still pounding against my chest. I placed my hand on my forehead, trying to figure out if I had a fever or not. I couldn't tell. By that point, I was trembling.

I flushed the toilet, got up, turned on the sink, and gargled some water to get rid of the taste. It didn't help much, but it did get rid of some of the slimy coating in my mouth.

As I stared at myself in the mirror, I didn't recognize myself. It was like I was staring at a stranger. Frowning, I shook my head. I know this is me, but why do I feel like this?

There was a knock on the door. "Percy? Are you okay?" Kaldur asked.

"I'm fine." I said, opening the door. The moment he saw me, his eyes widened.

"You do not look fine. Do you feel ill?" He put the back of his hand on my forehead. "You're burning up. You should rest."

"I'll be fine. I'm going to go sit outside."

I tried to push past him, but he easily picked me up. I didn't bother to struggle, my body has been trained that resistance is futile. Thanks a lot, Will. Kaldur carried me into my room and laid me on my bed.

"If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask. You are a member of this team, regardless on if you come with is on missions or not."

I chuckled. "Thanks. Can you, uh, grab me some Tylenol from my bag?"

Nodding, Kaldur started searching through my stuff. He raised an eyebrow when he saw the rolls of bandages and the tourniquet. "I know you have said-"

"Better to be safe than sorry. Plus my cousin's boyfriend would murder me if I didn't keep this stuff with me. You almost die thirty times and suddenly you aren't taking good enough care of yourself."

Kaldur didn't respond to that. He handed me the pills and a bottle of water. He watched to make sure I took it before leaving.

I rolled onto my side. Time for a nightmare. Yay.

Artemis

"Is she okay?" Megan asked as Kaldur reentered the living room.

"She feels warm, but given as I am sensitive to heat I do not think she is sick. I had her rest and take medicine so we could speak without fear."

We sat in silence, until Robin broke it.

"Okay, so if no one else has the guts to say it, is it possible she's bulimic? Or anorexic? She got really fidgety after she ate, and she barely eats anything."

I shook my head. "Probably not anorexic. She's strong and muscular. Her body would end up digesting the muscle tissue." Everyone stared at me. I shrugged. "Health class is good for something. Plus we went to her mom's house and she ate a bunch of cookies."

"Okay, so that knocks that out. But what about bulimia?"

As it turned out, none of us had any defense for her to not be bulimic. We don't pay too much attention to what she does after she eats, and when she's not writing in that notebook she's usually in the training room.

Robin ran a hand through his hair. "I'll talk to Canary. She should be able to figure stuff out. I'm going to head home for now, I'm going to get lectured. Might as well do it while I'm whelmed."

As everyone else left, I stayed in the living room. Eventually Percy came out and sat on the couch, staring up at the TV tiredly. We didn't say anything to each other. At least until a movie on Greek Myths came on.

"Can you turn this?" Percy mumbled.

"Why?"

She shook her head and stood up. She walked to the sink and got a glass of water. "I just don't like watching violence."

"Well, what do you want to watch?"

"Spongebob?"

"How old are you exactly?"

"Old enough to want to watch Spongebob."

This is kinda crap, but my only meal has been chocolate cake.

Now listen I'm not usually a cake person but German chocolate cake

Mmm..

See yah