13

What if they find out? Will they be mad? Oh, what if Kaldur finds out who Dad is?

I groaned and rubbed my temples, glaring at Anxiety. Sadness, Loyalty, and Anger were off who knows where, leaving me with the one part who always manages to effect me the most. "Would you shut up?"

"She didn't say anything," Artemis said.

"Oh, really? Sorry, I thought she did." Venom dripped from my tongue and I placed my hand on Anxiety's shoulder. My nails dug in and her voice instantly vanished from inside my head.

"Deception, I think you are hurting her." Kaldur's eyes focused on Anxiety before locking onto me in a glare that could rival Anger's.

"No, I'm not." My grip tightened on Anxiety until she opened her mouth and the words "she's fine" spilled out. I released her.

"Do you know where the other's went?" Artemis asked. I shook my head.

"Nope. All I know is that Loyalty needs a kick in her pants. After all, it's her fault we're in this mess."

"What do you mean?"

I shrugged. "Well, it's obviously not my fault. My whole purpose is to keep people from getting mad at Percy, and if anyone pisses off people it's Loyalty."

"That's-" One look at Anxiety shut her up.

"I'm going to take a nap. Come on, Iety." My hand wrapped around her wrist and I pulled her into the room we shared. The singular bed had been replaced by multiple air mattresses, all with enough air released to simulate water beds.

"What was that about?" Anxiety asked, sitting down. "You're not normally this mean."

I flopped onto a mattress. "We both know I'm not like you guys. I'm just the leftovers. I'm a shell without any actual emotions of my own." I held my hands up to the ceiling and stared at them. They were paler than the others' and small white lines scrawled across my skin.

"You're a part of Percy just as much as we are. You might not be an emotion, but you're still part of her." What if she doesn't want to join back up? We could- Would we die? I don't know how long we can survive like this and-

I punched her shoulder. "Stop projecting. Honestly, it's a miracle you and Sadness haven't made the Team suffer from crippling anxiety and depression yet."

"It's not like they can exactly hear me."

"You put off an aura of pure anxiety with a twenty feet diameter. They might not hear you, but they sure as Hades can feel it."

The door opened and the others walked in. Sadness heaved a sigh before collapsing onto the mattress closest to her. "Wake me up when I'm dead."

"That was a complete waste of time." Anger kicked at the base. "We couldn't even get an audience with Dad. The guard said some shit like, he's not expecting Percy until Saturday. What if it was an emergency? What if we were dying?"

"Then we break in, get Dad's attention and get that guard booted." I mumbled. Either no one heard me or no one cared. A sigh left my lips and prepared myself for-

What if we- We wasted so much- Are we really- We can't protect the-

I managed to keep from groaning this time and I threw a pillow at Anger, since she's always the loudest. Her voice disappeared from my head and the others followed when they too had pillows chucked at them.

"You guys literally have the best control over your projection," I said.

"So that's where the sass comes from." Anxiety said.

"You know we're used to it being contained by a physical form." Loyalty crossed her arms.

"Yeah, and you have a physical form right now, so contain it." I snapped. "I don't want to hear four voices that aren't my own- don't you dare open your mouth." I looked at Anxiety. "At least as Percy it's one train of thought that switches tracks eighty times, not four trains on a collision course. I'm going to have a headache and I don't know what dose of medicine I should take. Do I take a full dose or a fifth of a dose? Will it even work? I don't know. So go spread out and take naps or something, I don't care, just do it away from me."

Just like I asked the others left, but soon I found myself missing them. Did that mean I'd go after them? Hades no. As much as I'm touch starved, I'm not going crawling back to them just to get a headache.

"Uh, Deception?" Megan opened the door. "Are you okay? The others rushed out of here in a hurry."

"I'm fine." Lie. "The others had stuff the needed to do. Anger needed to punch some stuff, Sadness needed to cry, normal emotion stuff."

Megan flew over. "Are you sure? You look upset."

I took her hand and placed it on my head. She stared at me confused before she started messing with my hair. Tension left my shoulders.

"Do you need a hug?" Megan asked. I nodded. Instantly, I was wrapped in warm arms. Even though I agreed to the hug, I didn't like it. I sat there. I didn't hug back, I just waited for her to let go. When she did, I wrapped her in a hug. That was better, at least until she returned the hug.

What the Hades is wrong with me?

Food! Food! Food! *runs to kitchen* *hits dresser and wall, another wall, door, and dishwasher* food!

See yah